I bought a S&W M&P 15T a year or so ago. It came with the folding front BUIS mounted on the free float rail and a foldign BUIS on the receiver rail. Turned out the rail and barrel are not anywhere near aligned, had to crank the rear windage half way over to get on target at 25 yards. Did some thinking and traded the folding BUIS in for a YHM folding front sigh tower and rear BUIS. The folding tower attached great just behind the flash hider and with a little tweaking of the tilt got it dead on without playing with rear windage. Now my concern is that the folding front sight tower is held on by 4 screws (yeah I loctited them) and they may work loose.

Should I replace the folding tower with a standard F marked front or just keep my set up as is? It would mean having to get the barrel profile drilled to get the retaining pins in. I am pretty sure I can talk a local shop into doing it for me, but what if they put it on at a cant? Right now I got it just right and if the fixed tower is canted it can not be corrected easily. Any opinions? And before everyone says get and AK or get a Saiga I already have both.