How many have had firing out of battery?

I recently had what may have been my .223 firing out of battery. It pulled the back 1/3 of the casing apart leaving the rest in the barrel. I did not lose my dust cover and apparently did not even know this had happened until it would not feed the next round. Do you think I had a battery issue or was the brass just weak, and yes I was firing reloads, frangible 45gn.

What do you all think. I included pictures in my other post two days ago in my "Heres my .223" post.***Sorry, pictures will follow of the blown case when I get home from work.***

Edited by handlebar
...It pulled the back 1/3 of the casing apart leaving the rest in the barrel. I did not lose my dust cover and apparently did not even know this had happened until it would not feed the next round. Do you think I had a battery issue or was the brass just weak...

I had similar experiences years ago (nearly complete, but not quite, separation of the front & back portions of the case, the front & back portions both extracting & ejecting as a single 'dog-leg' shaped unit). I was firing 'factory new' Chicom brass-cased ammo in a low-mileage SS Mini-14 Ranch Rifle. Never had a problem with any other ammo, so I figured the Chicom brass was at fault. You might consider having your head space checked, just to be safe...