Both are held on by pins.

Drive out the pins, and press the two parts off.

Be careful in how you drive them off, so you don't break or bend them.

Thanks

1)Won't that scratch up the barrel?

2)How are they pressed off?

3)Does anyone have replacements?

4)Does it bhave to be Saiga original part?

Thanks

OK,how about this;

I see a pin on the gas cylinder(front) but not on the sight.Does the sight have to be cut.It looks permanent.

Thanks

OK,how about this;

I see a pin on the gas cylinder(front) but not on the sight.Does the sight have to be cut.It looks permanent.

1) Yes, it will. Refinishing will be required.

2) Some use jigs and a hydraulic press, some use a 2x4 and a sledge hammer.

3) Why do you want to replace them? Kalashnikov spare parts are available at a lot of AK vendors.

4) Measure your barrel to make sure, but I suspect Bulgarian 7.62x39 AK parts will fit.

The front sight block does not need to be cut. There are two pins holding it on. which should be quite visible on the bottom of the barrel.

Thanks

OK,how about this;

1) Yes, it will. Refinishing will be required.

2) Some use jigs and a hydraulic press, some use a 2x4 and a sledge hammer.

3) Why do you want to replace them? Kalashnikov spare parts are available at a lot of AK vendors.

4) Measure your barrel to make sure, but I suspect Bulgarian 7.62x39 AK parts will fit.

The front sight block does not need to be cut. There are two pins holding it on. which should be quite visible on the bottom of the barrel.

Thanks again.I need to replace the gas blockbecause it's bent.Yeah,If I look down the gas tube its straight but the forged piece of the block that accepts the tube is twisted to the left.The part is straight but the leg that goes from the base to the cylinder is bent as if in factory bent.I tried putting some heat to it so I could twist it about a 1/4" but that did not work.Now I'm thinking of removing the block and sight and replacing with a combination gas block front sight and brake.Any idea if that could work?Oh,this is on a 223 carbine.Thanks,Dan

Thanks again.I need to replace the gas blockbecause it's bent.Yeah,If I look down the gas tube its straight but the forged piece of the block that accepts the tube is twisted to the left.The part is straight but the leg that goes from the base to the cylinder is bent as if in factory bent.I tried putting some heat to it so I could twist it about a 1/4" but that did not work.Now I'm thinking of removing the block and sight and replacing with a combination gas block front sight and brake.Any idea if that could work?Oh,this is on a 223 carbine.Thanks,Dan

Is your gas block causing your rifle to malfunction? If there are no operationa issues, I'd not mess with it (quite a few are like this, even in military service).

someone please correct me if im wrong but I think the fsb with the dimples dont use the pins.
You are correct, sir.

I suppose those critters can be considered "disposable", contrary to what I said above. Some Saiga rifles do have the pin on type FSB.

Is your gas block causing your rifle to malfunction? If there are no operationa issues, I'd not mess with it (quite a few are like this, even in military service).

someone please correct me if im wrong but I think the fsb with the dimples dont use the pins.
You are correct, sir.

I suppose those critters can be considered "disposable", contrary to what I said above. Some Saiga rifles do have the pin on type FSB.

I can't look at it without thinking it looks shotty.I have also read about people making sure that the tube fits correctly at that point to keep gas from escaping and causing burn spots and worse FTF/FTE.The gas block is the same as the FSB.Does that mean I would have to cut both of them off?

HunterDan, did you buy that rifle new? If you did just call up RAA and see what they will do to help you out. If not, who cares what any body says or thinks. The repair could create more problems than just leaving it alone.(if it functions properly as is)

HunterDan, did you buy that rifle new? If you did just call up RAA and see what they will do to help you out. If not, who cares what any body says or thinks. The repair could create more problems than just leaving it alone.(if it functions properly as is)

Yeah I bought it new.I did a conversion on it before I realized it was bent.I think I'm just gonna deal with it.Thanks again,Dan