feed problems

so i finished my conversion this weekend bought a surefire 20 rounder at a local show and now all of a sudden the thing is really beating up the cartridges and it wants to double feed sometimes. what could be wrong just the mag?

From another post;

" remember hearing that when Suarez International did their guerrilla sniper class where many hundreds of rounds are fired in dirty field conditions , those "Saiganovs" that used non-factory mags had nothing but problems. SI recommends against aftermarket Saiga 308 mags for this class due to experiencing so many reliability issues. "

I would try loading the Surefire mag 2 short (18 rnds) and see if that runs better. Aftermarket magazines are always the weak link in the AK system.

Any trouble with the original mag?
no the original 8 rnd always worked fine

If the factory magazine works, but not the Surefire, it's a Surefire magazine problem.

Contact Surfire (contact info is included with the magazine).

I've had good luck with their customer service. I'm sure they'll replace the magazine.

Any trouble with the original mag?
no the original 8 rnd always worked fine

If the factory magazine works, but not the Surefire, it's a Surefire magazine problem.

Contact Surfire (contact info is included with the magazine).

I've had good luck with their customer service. I'm sure they'll replace the magazine.

cma thanks again for your help ill post some pics soon other than the mag issue im very happy with the way it came out already looking for my next one. thinking i might get a .223 and do in traditional wood furniture