RAA skeleton stock

Any experiences, comments, knowledge etc. would be appreciated, I just dont care for the Tapco, dunno why, though might wind up with it, due to availability and 922r issues.

I just put one on my 308. I like the feel. Some come with screw holes pre drilled, some dont. I drilled mine myself. Fits well, about 1.5-2 inches shorter than the sporting stock. The bottom plate has 1 flat head screw and, in theory, could be used as a small storage compartment. It wont help with 922r as it is russian made. If you are going for the "Dragunov" look or feel this is ok as the 8 round mag can be modded to 10 and it doesnt protrude below the stock. Hence making prone shooting more feasible. If you have a short barrel, I reccomend the Tapco. I have the early Tapco 6 position on my Saiga 223 and my brother has the New Design Tapco 6 position on his Saiga 12. If you are going for a hi cap, good mobility, "brush gun"/entry carbine/PDW, the Tapco is the way to go. And it is adjustable for shorter or longer arms. The skeleton stock feels good to me. With the cheek piece turned away, cheek weld for iron sighs is perfect for me. Havent got my scope yet so I cant say about the cheek riser yet. The stock feels tough as hell too. But so do the Tapcos. Its all in what you like. My personal opinion, I think the skeleton stock is better suited to the long barrel, mostly due to 922r as it won't help your parts count.

What about the swept back angle of the grip on the tapco, it seems to me like it would be kinda awkward. Also i had wondered about the toughness of the tapco's, as it looked kinda flimsy to me, but looks can be deceiving.

Any experiences, comments, knowledge etc. would be appreciated, I just dont care for the Tapco, dunno why, though might wind up with it, due to availability and 922r issues.

Mine came with the Dragonov/skeleton stock. I find the pistol grip a bit tight and confining for my hand. I have noted on a friends that the rotating cheek piece locks are rather soft. You want to pull it back when you rotate, other wise you will round off the locking cut out edges and it won't hold position. So I have been careful to not make the mistake he did by just rotating it without pulling back.

If I hold the stock with my hand around the front and my thumb up the side, rather than cramping it in the cutout, it works but is not very comfortable. I have used better designed Dragonov pattern stocks in the past. I have an old MAK91 National Match, and love the one on it. Pity they did not emulate that one.

The Saiga's length of pull is OK, but not great .