Consversions in michigan

Anyone know of a person able to convert my 223 in Michigan? I would do it myself but i have no time or tools or knowledge to do so. Not to say that I'm afraid i'd hurt it since it's an ak but i have no time and i think the first try would require alot of that. Also i'm wary of shipping it since i'm rather paraniod about most things.

Anyone know of a person able to convert my 223 in Michigan? I would do it myself but i have no time or tools or knowledge to do so. Not to say that I'm afraid i'd hurt it since it's an ak but i have no time and i think the first try would require alot of that. Also i'm wary of shipping it since i'm rather paraniod about most things.

I'm from Michgan but alas, I have no time either. Sorry brother. :cryss:

Dude, I have absolutely no skills at all and I converted my gun. Unlike you, I had access to a drill press and an air-compressor-powered grinder, so I had it a little easier, but I didn't do anything you couldn't do with a Dremel Tool and a good, variable-speed cordless drill.

Trust me, it's easy as pie, just go slowly and carefully follow the instructions available.

Also, from getting the guts out to putting it back together took no longer than 2 hours, it was easy as breathing.

Edited by Big Boss

I'll do it for 150 if you supply all the parts and get it to me. I'm no professional at this but it would get done and you would have fewer moving parts than an un-converted. I'm in Ohio about 2 hours south of Toledo. Let me know if you want a Buckeye working on your rifle. If you want to see pics of my rifle just do a search on me. And since my latest pics I've put Dinzags hole plugs in and put a Bulgarian FSB and east German Muzzle break on.

Good luck,

Merritt

SGT USMC vet.

I did it left handed, and I am right handed and had my right arm in a sling.

'

If all else fails, the Tapco is a great set up, especially if using optics. Here's mine before I did the conversion:

MySaiga223.jpg

Add a Galil hand guard and it is very sexy!: Only takes 5 minutes and my wife could do it.

GalilHG.jpg

I'll do it for 150 if you supply all the parts and get it to me. I'm no professional at this but it would get done and you would have fewer moving parts than an un-converted. I'm in Ohio about 2 hours south of Toledo. Let me know if you want a Buckeye working on your rifle. If you want to see pics of my rifle just do a search on me. And since my latest pics I've put Dinzags hole plugs in and put a Bulgarian FSB and east German Muzzle break on.

Good luck,

Merritt

SGT USMC vet.

Good sir, I think the only way that is legal is if you sing "Hail to the victors" while doing it!

Thanks for the offer and the belief that I can accomplish this guys. But i think I'll go with the tapco setup at least until my tax $$ comes. Besides the ole lady can't use it until the stock get shorter so that problem need solved with the quickness. That way she won't bitch about the money I'll be spending in the near future.

Edited by Dr petepat