Saiga .223 new to forum

I just recieved my new Saiga .223 carbine today after an impatient week of waiting. The box it came in was pretty well basic but did the trick. Oil bottle,cleaning kit and rod were all there along with the manuals. Mine came in pretty dry-no packing grease at all on anything. I ordered an 30 round Surefire mag to go with the stock 10 rounder and plan on getting a few more when I can. It was a gunbroker buy so I paid a tad more than they were going for last year-Im ashamed to say how much but the rush was on before they were gone so I winced and hit "buy now" lol

The only trouble Im having so far is the bolt is stuck in the rear position and no matter what I do it just wont release. I know this is probably a newb question so feel free to beat me down on my first post! I used the search but just couldnt find anything on this problem..any help would be appreciated. This is a great site and look forward to hanging out with you guys..

This is probably just a matter of it being new. In any case, you will need to learn how to disassemble it for cleaning, which should be done before firing anyway. Check out this link to a Utube how-to

. Wipe down all of the parts with a cleaner such as Hoppe's No. 9, reassemble and then see if it still sticks.

If it still does, someone more competent than I will have some sage advice. Enjoy your new Saiga and welcome to the site.

This is probably just a matter of it being new. In any case, you will need to learn how to disassemble it for cleaning, which should be done before firing anyway. Check out this link to a Utube how-to
. Wipe down all of the parts with a cleaner such as Hoppe's No. 9, reassemble and then see if it still sticks.

If it still does, someone more competent than I will have some sage advice. Enjoy your new Saiga and welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcome pogy...you were right on the rifle just being new...i stripped it down and cleaned it with rem clean and lubed it with clp-cycled the bolt after reassembly and its slick as owl snot now. Im having some tapco and surefire furniture put on tomrw so i cant wait to get to the range! Thanks again:)

I just recieved my new Saiga .223 carbine today after an impatient week of waiting. The box it came in was pretty well basic but did the trick. Oil bottle,cleaning kit and rod were all there along with the manuals. Mine came in pretty dry-no packing grease at all on anything. I ordered an 30 round Surefire mag to go with the stock 10 rounder and plan on getting a few more when I can. It was a gunbroker buy so I paid a tad more than they were going for last year-Im ashamed to say how much but the rush was on before they were gone so I winced and hit "buy now" lol

The only trouble Im having so far is the bolt is stuck in the rear position and no matter what I do it just wont release. I know this is probably a newb question so feel free to beat me down on my first post! I used the search but just couldnt find anything on this problem..any help would be appreciated. This is a great site and look forward to hanging out with you guys..

I'm till pretty new hre myself, but I am under the impression that adding a hi-cap mag makes a NIB saiga illegal with the 922 compliance. True? No? parts make it a -1?

Just wanted to know for my self, as I haven't modified mine yet.

Thanks!

Correct. Even if theyare US high caps (3 compliance parts) you still need two more: US Buttstock, pistol grip, handguard, etc.

Easy way is Tapco T6 interfuse with SAW grip.

MySaiga223.jpg

Here's the link for 922 checklist.

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildSaigaVerifyCompliance

Edited by imarangemaster