70 members have voted

1. 1. What Color

• Aug Green
    • Blackhawk OD Green
    • Advanced Tiger stripe brown
    • HK dark
    • Black Oxide

• 3 weeks later...
So it looks like the 2 black options have beat out the green, as of now. Have you decided yet, Elvis?

Or how about a bacon-colored scheme. It would look delicious and be repulsive to those Muslim extremists!

Looks like this guy may have been reading this thread, and jacked yall's idea:

http://i.gizmodo.com/5212229/the-ba+k+47-d...-peta-activists

Update on the pistol:

Got all my parts, waiting for some spare time to get dude to help me rivet the thing together.

• 1 month later...

Got this thing stuck together. I didn't have any bacon around here, but I guess the Bacon AK thing is played out these days, anyhow. I'm still trying to decide what color I want the duracoat to be, but I've got spots around 2 of the rivets that need to get some weld, because I drilled the holes a little off and had to waller them out to get the trunnion to line up. C'mon, y'all tell me this thing wouldn't look good with an OD green receiver...

DSCF1424.jpg

DSCF1442-1.jpg

DSCF1446-1.jpg

DSCF1447-1.jpg

DSCF1449.jpg

/\/\

That's pretty much what I had in mind, except that I was going to do just the receiver and the cover in green, leave the selector black, maybe touch up the barrel and front sight a little with some black.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, fuck it. I'm painting it OD green. This ain't no democracy, lol. I'm going to go with green receiver and cover, black trigger guard, black selector, and I'm just going to touch up some of the other parts with black (mainly the handguard retainer and the welds on the gas tube, cause they're getting a bit of surface rust).

I voted HK Dark because "WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE AN AK PISTOL?" was not an option :lolol:

I was always kinda weary of the things, especially shooting my buddy's busted ass Dracos and Champions, but then I started wanting one because I figure someone in our government will say I can't have one eventually (kinda like the MD20). I haven't shot this thing yet, but I will say that I can use the sling around my shoulder and hold the gun really steady, like if there were a stock on it. I know it's not the same thing, but it works pretty well in theory. I also stuck a green laser on the side of it, which should help out with on the fly aiming/sight acquisition.