BHO nescessary with Dinzag/Tapco G2 FCG?

I just recently finished my 7.62 conversion complete with Dinzag's G2 FCG, FCG retaining plate, and hardware. My question is, as i just noticed in someone else's thread....

Do i need to install the BHO again? I noticed the hammer has some side to side play in it. It almost looks like it could contact the little rail on the receiver when fired, hasn't yet though.

This is something the BHO takes up the slack in?

Do i need to install the BHO again? I noticed the hammer has some side to side play in it. It almost looks like it could contact the little rail on the receiver when fired, hasn't yet though.

Reinstall the BHO, Dinzag does modify the tapco FCG; making the FCG a true drop in. Installing the BHO is NOT as hard as people say. There are different methodologies out there.

Reinstall and lets us know if you are still having problems....

p.s. I'm still a saiga noob here. However, this forum/community will provide all answers needed. (well for your saiga at least)

This is how it works to my understanding:

Dinzag modifies the SAIGA FCG's to fit the BHO. So if whether you have a .223, 7.62, or .308 Saiga, and you purchase your FCG from Dinzag...he cuts the hammer shaft sleeve to allow for the BHO.

If you purchase AK-47 Tapco FCG, i believe you have to either cut the hammer pin sleeve or lose the BHO.

I noticed my hammer walked to the side a little. I guess tonight i'll have to install the BHO.

Installing the BHO will take care of the side to side movement of the hammer.

If you don't want to install the BHO, a small washer (like the one Dinzag includes with the trigger) placed on the hammer pin to the right of the hammer (the side where the BHO would go) will also work.

Installing the BHO will take care of the side to side movement of the hammer.

If you don't want to install the BHO, a small washer (like the one Dinzag includes with the trigger) placed on the hammer pin to the right of the hammer (the side where the BHO would go) will also work.

Wait, i don't remember getting a washer? I got 3 e-clips (those little pain in the ass things to put on) and 3 cotter pins. I ended up using the FCG retaining plate i bought from him instead.

Wait, i don't remember getting a washer? I got 3 e-clips (those little pain in the ass things to put on) and 3 cotter pins. I ended up using the FCG retaining plate i bought from him instead.

My mistake, Dinzag includes it with the Saiga .308 FCG.

Any small washer that fits over the hammer pin should work.

question i have is if you dont reinstall the bho, which i'm finding rather piontless on my 223...is there any modding that would have to be done to a G2 FCG for it to be a drop fit?

If you don't plan on putting the BHO back in after conversion, then yes, a regular G2 will drop right in. Nothing needs to be done to it.

But being that the OP has bought Dinzag's modified G2, he might as well throw the BHO back in. It would make sense, IMO.

question i have is if you dont reinstall the bho, which i'm finding rather piontless on my 223...is there any modding that would have to be done to a G2 FCG for it to be a drop fit?

If you don't plan on putting the BHO back in after conversion, then yes, a regular G2 will drop right in. Nothing needs to be done to it.

But being that the OP has bought Dinzag's modified G2, he might as well throw the BHO back in. It would make sense, IMO.

x2

the bho is easy enough to install... no reason not to put it in...

If I had to do it again...I'd still go straight to Dinzag for the trigger kit.

I was lazy to begin with by going thru Dinzag cause I did not want to do the trigger group mods & polishing etc...myself.

Well...I'm STILL lazy and haven't installed my BHO, which is just lying around. I'll get to it when I feel like it.

But the Dinzag kit(s) are the BEST for us Saiga owners by far -imho.