Three hours start to finish on my first one. Just take your time and do it right. Here is a guide to the steps after field stripping:

1. Remove rivets holding trigger guard and remove trigger guard.

2. Remove rivets holding trigger guard mounting plate and remove mounting plate.

3. Remove sporter trigger fire control group. This will entail removing the two rear axles which are long rivets.

4. Remove buttstock.

5. Measure (twice!) location and dimensions of PG nut hole. Cut out hole.

6. Reinstall trigger guard in new location (you may want to replace the mag catch assembly with one that has an integrated trigger guard).

7. Install PG.

8. Install FCG

9. Install new buttstock.

10. Adjust mag catch height for hi-caps (carefully! Remember - it's easier to remove metal than to replace it.)

11. Check for feeding with inert rounds. Alternatively, remove firing pin and check for feeding with regular rounds.

12. Install bullet guide if necessary.

13. Disassemble and refinish.

These are the main steps. There are lots of details in between, but if you are good with your hands, you will have no problems. If you need measurements, you can download the ACE bentmetal template and take them from it the 100% drawing.

When drilling rivets, always start small and work up to the largest diameter drill bit.

Good luck!

Edited by Sheik Yerbouti
  • 4 years later...
Ace also has fixed or folding stocks for the Saiga that do not require any mods.

Nalioth, would you be kind enough to post a link, I have heard this before about ACE but I have had ZERO luck finding them online.

Thanx

EDIT, THANK YOU, NEVERMIND FOUND IT!!

Edited by Bean.223