scope for saiga

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a scope that would fit a saiga with the saiga snap on mount. Preferably in the under $50 range. I'm concerned with the clearance betweem the end of the scope and the rear sight if I get one with a large diameter lens. I put a red dot with a 1" diameter on it so I can use the rings off it. I'd like a 2-6 variable, but that's not totally necessary. The saiga is Russian and hasn't been modified any.

Thanks, Bill

Check out the inexpensive NC star scopes.... not a sniper scope by any means... but for the ranges you will be shooting, they should do you well... check ebay.. they are ALWAYS there... you SHOULD be able to get a DECENT 3-9X40 for about 40 bucks...

:smoke:

Leapers, BEC, BSA, NC Star, Barska and some others that slip the mind now are all low end scopes and you will run the risk of getting a crappy one. Even within the same brand they vary quite a bit in quality.

These are the only ones that offer a compact scope for less than what the rifle costs though. I have had good luck with Leapers and BEC, even NC Star, but I have had a couple of them fall apart or break. The cheapy 4x ones seem to be the worst of the bunch. The 1st one I tried was a leapers 6x32 5th generation that has had a couple thousand rounds of different calibers and is still solid. You pay your money and take your chances on cheap scopes.