Reciever cover?

hey, try these,

if you must,... and what Naolith said,!

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/ak.html

look about half way down,...

or here,...

http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.php?main...;products_id=19

Does anyone know where i can get a reciever cover that has a picitanny rail? I want mount a cheap scope on there, i dont like putting scope on the quad rail part of the gun
Edited by Gas Giant
I'd advise against dust cover mounted scopes.

Get a Weaver mount for the side rail, or a beryl style rail.

I agree completely. Anyone know of a good beryl style rail? Is the SGM beryl rail any good? I know DPH has one but its awful pricey.

One pays for quality.

If you think DPH charges a lot, you should look at Kreb's offering.

I'd advise against dust cover mounted scopes.

Get a Weaver mount for the side rail, or a beryl style rail.

I agree completely. Anyone know of a good beryl style rail? Is the SGM beryl rail any good? I know DPH has one but its awful pricey.

One pays for quality.

If you think DPH charges a lot, you should look at Kreb's offering.

I saw the Krebs before seeing the DPH and I just about choked when I saw the price on the Krebs rail. DPH also offers a less expensive beryl rail for almost 1/3 the price except it doesn't have the quick release on the stock. I just can't understand why a quick release option would result in more than $100 price between to two rails from DPH. Anyone has that non-quick release rail from DPH? Does it fit a Saiga easily is it just for an AK? Also no one has said anything so far about the SGM polymer beryl rail. At $30 its quite attractive. Of course you can say that "you get what you pay for" Buy hey don't knock it until its been tried and tested. So if the SGM rail is good it would be nice to know, if its crap it would also be nice to know.

Is the Tromix one a beryl rail or is it a dust cover rail. If it is the dust cover rail, even Tony stated on the forum that dust cover rails aren't straight because of the nature of the gun with the way it is made.

I've got an SGM on my .308 and on my X39 and they hold zero quite well after they flip up and screw back down again.

They also hold solid from firing them.I've had good luck with them so far.

I put one on one of my S12s too but you have to unscrew it from the front and rear to take the dust cover off but it should settle back in nice with the tapered flat head screws.

I also have a DPH on my .223 but when its tightened down it crowns up some due to a bit of interference in the fit at the front.

Thanks rd99fxdl! Looks like I will get that SGM beryl. I think what I will do is install an insert in the stock to accept a machine screw so that it doesn't get worn out from assembly and disassembly of the self tapping screw when accessing the dust cover.

I have 16" barrel .308 so as for scopes, I think those 3-9x scopes may be overkill for the guns range considering the barrel length. I'm thinking that 2x would be the most I can go as a usable range for the barrel. Any thoughts on this guys?