Is this shootable from a saiga-12?...

So I'm browsing for some ammo online and I find this website http://www.dixieslugs.com. I know their slugs are only good for rifled barrels, but what about their tri-ball. Three 300 grain buckshot balls should be pretty potent downrange, and would make for excellent defense against any body armored deer or squirrel :devil: .

On a serious note though, has anyone tried this stuff?

Thanks all.

"Some people say I have issues."

~ME

:batman: + :donatello: = :deadhorse: + :devil: = :kenny:

I haven't shot that brand, but any of the exotic ammo I have tried just doesn't hold up to good 'ol buck shot or slugs. I just shot a 3 shot 5" group at 100 yds. with 1 oz. slugs. I tried similar "multi-slug" type rounds and was disappointed with patterns and performance.

• 7 months later...

Kalashnikitty. YES, the Tri-ball loads can be used in the Saiga12 if yours can take 3" shells.

I have boxes of these shells for my pumps, and it is my all time favorite load. See Dixieslugs com website for buying or specs such as the power of the loads and velocities.

These things will go through car doors, hogs, coyotes etc. Check to see the balls and wad will fit through the choke you use. (they provide a free wad and balls, or you can destroy one round).

They can fire out of any smooth bore gun, and I have used them successfully with my ported and backbored Mossbergs. (no slugs allowed so these are the best load avail.)

They shoot 3x .66 cast lead balls, and depending on your barrel/choke, will impact 2 close together and another on animal chest at 50yd. Shooting these on rapid-fire or semi-auto would be so awesome.

So I'm browsing for some ammo online and I find this website http://www.dixieslugs.com. I know their slugs are only good for rifled barrels, but what about their tri-ball. Three 300 grain buckshot balls should be pretty potent downrange, and would make for excellent defense against any body armored deer or squirrel :devil: .

Thanks all.

~ME

Another round to try is Centurion buck and ball loads from Cheaper Than Dirt or Sportsmansguide. They feature one 50cal ball and 6-8 steel buckshot, about $1 a round. The Tri-balls are around $3/rd.

dixie tri balls in Benneli Nova.

Thanks all.

~ME

Edited by Tri Ball Tatoo