Tricking out my new Saiga

Sorry to start my first message with a cry for help. :cryss:

I just got my Saiga 12 and want to trick it out a bit. I recently learned about 922r compliance. So I thought an easy compliant part would be a gas piston. However, I cannot release it from the bolt-carrier assembly. Is there a trick? Is there somewhere I could watch video of pro's modifying their gear?

I'm thinking of renting a gas torch---I'm so frustrated! :ded:

Thanks

Sorry to start my first message with a cry for help. :cryss:

I just got my Saiga 12 and want to trick it out a bit. I recently learned about 922r compliance. So I thought an easy compliant part would be a gas piston. However, I cannot release it from the bolt-carrier assembly. Is there a trick? Is there somewhere I could watch video of pro's modifying their gear?

I'm thinking of renting a gas torch---I'm so frustrated! :ded:

Thanks

For the shotgun, the piston rod is not what counts. Just change out the puck at the forward end of the gas tube. On the gas setting plug, push in the pin and unscrew the plug (screw it out of the opening). You can then take the gas puck out by pointing barrel down (if the gas tube is not full of fouling). If the puck is stuck, then just push it out from the rear of the gas tube with a dowel rod or something.

You'll need to drill the divots in the end of the bolt carrier.

After the divots have been drilled out, put the bolt carrier in a vise and slap some vise grips on the rod.

Have fun with it at that point.

The same procedure for replacing the gas pistons on the Saiga rifles will work for this.