think of buying but a few ?'s first

i found a 7.62x39 thinking about buying it.is there a differance between older one and new ones (for mods).and what should i look for before buying it.this what i remember about it i dont think it has scope mounts on the side.it did say russian american army scottsburg,in.not sure if it had dimpled receiver or any other markings.oh they want $320.00 for it

i've seen that most dimpled receivers were made in 06, mine is as well, i dunno if there are any other years where dimpled trends came around. I don't believe the gun's value differs from which year it was produced, but then again, true value is only what people will pay for it, and people seem to pay a little more for the dimples.....i'd take what you can get right now for a decent price if you really want it. But, as far as conversions go, the dimpled receiver guns do NOT have PG holes pre cut in them, so it's a little more difficult to do

i went ahead and bought got it for 310.00 not dimple. but it did have scope mount on side

You done good. I bought the identical used rifle a week ago for $325 which I consider a good price. I didn't have to think much before buying it. The cheapest new versions I've seen have been from Gilbert's Guns for $440, $480 once I add in shipping and transfer fee at my FFL.

My rifle has the "Scottsburg" marking on it too, but had a 2006 receiver just like my other Saiga's. My rifle was obviously used, but didn't seem to have a lot of rounds through it. Shot it last week for the first time and it shot well.

The dimpled receivers are relatively rare and all my Saiga's have the scope mount on the side. You got a good price on a great rifle.