Ok guys I'm new to the forum and just received my new Saiga-12 with the 19" barrel. It came with the 5 round factory mag and also a surefire 12 rounder. i also bought 4 promags off of gunbroker. Why doesn't anyone make a mag that will fit right? Is it the small differences in each gun or is it just the mag makers haven't got it right yet. Pretty scary to spend 50 bucks a mag and then have to chop them up to make them fit. Any ways happy with the gun and going to be converting it soon. gots to get the cash together for the conversion. Also checked to see how many gas port holes mine has, it has three.

Edited by alteredspeed

Welcome.

The Russian mags are fitted at the factory; you'll have to do the same to your aftermarket mags. The differences are in the guns, some require a lot of fitting, some don't: my new shorty takes all mags without any problem. There are some threads here on proper fitting.

Almost every aftermarket part I have ever purchased needed some fitting. A bit of sanding on some magazines is nothing compared to using the wheel grinder on the receiver cover for an SKS. Honestly I'd rather have an aftermarket part be a bit big over be too small.