Relegated the failure to fire on my .308 conversion

So about a month ago I had posted in my .308 conversion thread that I was having issues with failure to fire in my converted gun. I would see a dent in the primer, but 3 out of 4 rounds wouldn't fire. I was using the first reloads I had made, and thought maybe it was an issue with the rounds.

Well I was putting my new choate stock (pics to come) and noticed that the hammer was getting hung up on this triangular piece that juts off the inside left (by scope rail) of the receiver. Anyway, there's a little bit of play left to right in the hammer, so it was getting hung up if it was off to the left. So I filed the piece down just a little bit, and problem solved.

Here's the pics:

DSCF1323-1.jpg

DSCF1324.jpg

DSCF1326.jpg

DSCF1327.jpg

The trigger guard is a little smushed up, but I don't really mind. I kinda like how close the front of it is to the trigger, almost gives my finger something to rest against. I lost the screw that holds the handguard on, so I'm just using the brass screw until I find something else, or hell, maybe I'll leave it on. I attached the stock with no pistol grip no, per se. Instead, I used one of the long pistol grip nuts off of a surplus pistol grip, cut it off, and just ran it through the slit where the original trigger was, since the receiver didn't come with a pistol grip nut hole pre-cut. I put a regular nut and some locktite on top of it, works great, super solid.

Also, the Choate stock is fucking awesome. I don't even know if I'm going to get the cheek piece for it, I can line up with the scope pretty well without it, and I also like to use the iron sights on occasion. Thanks to Will for the recommendation.

I'm trying to decide what I want to do to it next. I was thinking about getting the Surefire fore grip, because I want to be able to stick a bi-pod on it, but the more I look at the thing, the more I think it's hideous. I'm thinking about maybe cutting the stock handguard, or sending it to that dude on here who vents and trims them, because I've always admired his work. I have a rail that I could mount on the bottom right now, which I've been trying to sell, but maybe I'll hold onto it.

I also wand to do some sort of muzzle attachment at some point.