Promags (in stock)

Mine are already in TN. Should be in VA tomorrow. That's crazy that people ordered before me and their order got cancelled. I don't even have my gun yet. it's at CGW being fixed. Found out I had the 2 port before my smithy started converting it. I got a box of cool conversion parts and magazines though. May end up picking up a rifle in the mean time.

That's crazy that people ordered before me and their order got cancelled.

Dude, you have no idea how shitty my luck is . . . All in all I'm good, it's just the little annoying bullshit that never stops.

But congrats! Give us a range report on the mags, if you don't mind.

You can give us one on the gun, if you want, but we already know they kick ass! :super:

After my recent experience with Pro-mags, I'm not willing to buy them even at that price. However, its a good link to some AGP mags. Thanks.

What experiance? What happened?

Fitment issues, feed issues, and the follower stopping the bolt after the last round.

AGPs - no issues at all. Haven't tried Surefires on the shotty but I have them for the .308 and they're good so far.

After my recent experience with Pro-mags, I'm not willing to buy them even at that price. However, its a good link to some AGP mags. Thanks.

What experiance? What happened?

Fitment issues, feed issues, and the follower stopping the bolt after the last round.

AGPs - no issues at all. Haven't tried Surefires on the shotty but I have them for the .308 and they're good so far.

My mags had these same problems. These have all been addressed before. Here's what to do...if you don't already know.

If you watch Mike D's fitting video, you get a good rundown on how to fit them. I found that it was best to try to insert them with a little pressure. They will get marked with two dents on each side of the rear mag latch. Use a knife and angle them down from these lines/marks to the outside of the mag. Basically, the rear lip is too fat. You might also have to file the angled part of the rear catch a little too (in essences, making them a bit shorter). Once that was working, I took the outside supports down just enough for the mag to set in and latch properly.

The cork/fork/hot water trick will solve your LRBHO issues. The mag and follower have a built in stop that will prevent this from happening. What happened is that the follower "shrank" and is too skinny to grab the magwall catch. By fattening the follower, it locks in and works as designed.

Once I did this, I thought they'd be GTG. I found out later (feed issues) that there was a little mold ridge on the inside that was hanging things up. This ridge was on the inside, about 5/8" down from the top. I used some 400 grit sandpaper to knock it down. The ridge runs along the front and to the follower stop on the sides. It should take you less than a minute to sand this down. In total, it might take 15 minutes to do all this. Most of that time will be waiting for the water to boil.

I find it interesting that people will pay $260+ for a drum that needs fitting and don't think a thing about it. But when they buy a $30 mag and it needs some slight tweaks, they label them as crap.

I find it interesting that people will pay $260+ for a drum that needs fitting and don't think a thing about it. But when they buy a $30 mag and it needs some slight tweaks, they label them as crap.

That's what I was thinking sunnybean . . .

But, what FrustratedInCali said about feeding and follower issues, is what I was interested in. A little filing to fit is no big deal to me. But the rest is a problem. I've got AGP's that have the feeding and follower problems, I don't need more shit to mess with right now . . .

I also didn't see (until yesterday) this post in the CSS section where Jeaux had FTF and binding issues. I assume by "repeatedly FTF, binding on the sides (drag)" he meant the FTF's were being cause by the shell dragging in the mag body.

Then again, it could've been his TROMIX. :lolol:

I was really only interested in these because of other mags breaking, as I mentioned in this thread.

So, since it's mine, I'm gonna hijack this thread. :D

Has anyone had issues with the Surefire 8 or 10 rounders? Specifically, breakage with 3" magnum rounds?

I hate to cut down my 12's when I can just get some 8's/10's from Greg . . .

HOLY CRAP, these guys were going to charge me $20 bucks for UPS ground! The search continues.

I think they have some other, less expensive, shipping options.

You are correct... USPS, now I feel dumb. Thanks for pointing that out.

I tried placing an order through here and my card got charged 4 times when the checkout gliched, so we will see how that goes! Edited by brvt1000

Thanks for the head's up--I should have checked this site earlier, 'cuz...OUT OF STOCK!

You guys should have saved at least two for me!

Any other places?

Don't feel too bad. Apparently they didn't have them in stock when they had 180 listed. Oh well, the search continues.

Thanks for the head's up--I should have checked this site earlier, 'cuz...OUT OF STOCK!

Any other places?

Any other places?

Don't feel too bad. Apparently they didn't have them in stock when they had 180 listed. Oh well, the search continues.

Did you try this place I have posted already?

http://store.tradingpostsupply.com/mgpmsai02.html

Any other places?

Any other places?

Did you try this place I have posted already?

http://store.tradingpostsupply.com/mgpmsai02.html

Yes. On their site it says 123 in stock. When you go to order it says "0" in stock. I stopped there.

Came home for lunch and UPS was delivering mine today. Since I don't have my gun (it's at CGW for warranty repair) I have no idea if they'll fit. One of the followers is stuck up higher than the other. Looks like I'll be searching for the "how to" on how to fix that when I get home. I think we sell corks at work. I now have more parts to use with a gun I probably won't be able to shoot for another month or 2. I could just tie 2 of the Promags together and use as Nunchucks until then. :donatello: .

Edited by obake

Well I tried everywhere except the "shootnhunt" but I ended up getting Surefire 10 rounders for $35 ea plus shipping which I thought was a decent deal. Also, it seems my credit card extra charges got taken care of from the trading post after a call to the bank.

Well I tried everywhere except the "shootnhunt" but I ended up getting Surefire 10 rounders for $35 ea plus shipping which I thought was a decent deal. Also, it seems my credit card extra charges got taken care of from the trading post after a call to the bank.

I think that you ended up with better mags.

Dang, that is a deal. Nice work!