surefire mags

Im looking for contact information for surefire mags. I recently purchased one of their fine 12rd s-12 mags and fired one round through it and broke the front lug off. I tried sending them a email but their mail box was full. Does anyone have a number to call?

Im looking for contact information for surefire mags. I recently purchased one of their fine 12rd s-12 mags and fired one round through it and broke the front lug off. I tried sending them a email but their mail box was full. Does anyone have a number to call?

All I have is the email address.

1. Did you have a stove pipe misfeed when it broke?

2. Was the mag loaded with 12x 3in magnum loads?

3. Does it look like the bolt came into contact with the back of the mag?

4. If you have any other surefire mags, place it in the gun, remove the receiver cover, move the bolt back and forth while wiggling the mag with you other hand. Do you see contact with the bolt and the back of the mag? If so, the bolt could have hit the back causing the front tab to break.

5. This has been known to happen with 12rd surefire and AGP mags with 3in magnum loads, but the reason why is not clearly understood. I believe that the bolt is comming into contact with the back of the mag on certain saigas. This contact is increased and exagerated by the extra lenght and weight of the 12rd mags. The recoil then causes the bolt to hit the back of the mag breaking it off at the front tab. This can be avoided by filing down the back of the mag to the point to where there is no possible contact.

6. I checked this clearance with mine as well as reduced them down to 8rds for magnum loads and have had no problems.

any thoughts?

What shells were you shooting?

I was using 2-3/4" win AA handicap's the round ejected fine and it dosent look like the bolt came in contact with the mag

That negates my theory. You can look on the bright side, most Saigas won't cycle 2-3/4" win AA handicap's.