Greetings!

I picked up a NIB SGL 20 and so far am very impressed with it. I don't have any plans to make any serious mods at this time, but after putting a few hundred rounds though it, I do think I could benefit from a good recoil pad on that stock butt. It looks like an odd size to me, very small. Has anyone tried something different that fits?

Reverend

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings!

I picked up a NIB SGL 20 and so far am very impressed with it. I don't have any plans to make any serious mods at this time, but after putting a few hundred rounds though it, I do think I could benefit from a good recoil pad on that stock butt. It looks like an odd size to me, very small. Has anyone tried something different that fits?

Reverend

Have you looked at the Butler Creek slip-on pads which come in several different sizes ?

I don't mean to sound to like a jerk, but it sounds like a change in technique would be beneficial. Are you, by chance, mounting the stock directly on the joint of your shoulder? If so, this is the problem, and I suggest mounting the stock a bit more to inside (if that makes sense).

Turns out you are right on the money! Like anything else that's new, it took some experimenting. For me, it's a sweet shooter and also my first AK. Thanks for the input!

Dick