Update on feed lip problem

I have one of Mike's first run drums.

With just a touch of a file here and there it fit the gun perfectly and functioned flawlessly at the range.

The only problem was it would not easily lock in place when it was loaded with more than just a couple of rounds. The reason for this was that the feed lips were forced apart by the pressure of the rounds pushing up. In fact, they spread apart enough that they would contact the inside of the receiver as the drum was rotated into position. The contact was substantial and I could not consistently overcome the pressure enough to lock the drum in place.

I corresponded directly with Mike about this and provided him with measurements across the top of the feed lips with the drum both empty and full.

He recently sent me the new, improved version of the feed lips that are standard equipment on the 2nd run drums.

The new feed lips cured the problem caused by the old feed lips. Now the fully loaded drum inserts and locks up effortlessly.

Lesser men would have just said "Tough cookies" but Mike spent the time and money to go back to the drawing board and cured what was not a common problem among Saiga owners. Hats off to Mike for pursuing perfection.

I will unhesitantly purchase any products Mike's fertile mind can conceive. I look forward to him going into production on a mag well adapter to eliminate the rock 'n lock method as well as a mini 12 gauge 2-3/4 drum (10 rnds).

My first run drum does the same thing. Empty it fits in fine, but with rds in it I have to keep rocking and rocking until the mag catch snaps into position. I have 7 APC and 1 Surefire mag and none of those have any problems locking in.

Mike, can I buy a updated feed lip for the drum?