Something strange happened to me today...

I went to the woods to shoot the two two holed S12s I have and didn't have a single hiccup. This is very strange. Both guns have had a little over 200 rounds each through them. Every time I go out they have issues. Sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason. For instance, one day they will not shoot Federal #8 and the next day they will. One day they love Federal #6 and the next day they won't. Then the damn gas tube came loose on one of them. Today, they each went through 75 rounds of Federal 2 3/4" #7.5 without any issues. I'm so happy I could dance (which is very scary if you've seen me dance). The only thing I have done since last weeks outing was to leave the bolts held open all week. I gotta thing the springs were causing too much drag. Maybe, just maybe, these things are finally going to perform.

On a side note, today was the first time I had everything together to shoot my Glock 17 suppressed. I put 150 rounds down the tube without a glitch. Very happy with the AAC Evo 9 on this platform. Sounds like someone hammering nails.

All in all a very good day. :super:

For instance, one day they will not shoot Federal #8 and the next day they will. One day they love Federal #6 and the next day they won't.

I'm thinking this difference from day to day may be related

to the outside temperature and even the barometric pressure.

My bet is that to be consistent, they need to pass more gas.

I'd say send it to Cadiz for warranty fix.

Or, you could try the gunfixr gas knob and the King Armory piston.

For instance, one day they will not shoot Federal #8 and the next day they will. One day they love Federal #6 and the next day they won't.

Might me a temp issue. I've shot them in all kinds of weather (except high heat). I PG'd these already, so no free warranty work for me. I have two of gunfixr's knobs on order...my drum number is still a ways out. I'd like to try the KA puck.

If you have a 2 port gun and send in a warranty request you might be surprised........just don't mention the PG issue...........as long as the front has not been fooled with.................. :smoke:

Might me a temp issue. I've shot them in all kinds of weather (except high heat). I PG'd these already, so no free warranty work for me. I have two of gunfixr's knobs on order...my drum number is still a ways out. I'd like to try the KA puck.

Nope, the front end has not been molested. I'm not going to do anything but shoot the shit out of them some more tomorrow. F1's are sent in, so I don't really want to send them in just to butcher the fix later. Thanks for the suggestion though. I figured it was a lost cause seeing how I PG'd them already.

I think leaving the bolt open helped a bit. Much like a glock mag (and others) that are tough to load untill you leave the loaded for a bit, I think the spring takes a little set, and becomes easier to compress.

So, seems like your gun might have been over sprung. You could try a lighter spring (20ga owners often have to swap out for a 1911 spring to get reliable). Or, you may have fixed the problem entirely by locking the bolt and making it slightly easier to compress.

I wouldn't mess with it if it's working, and just continue to shoot it.

Also, the gun is going to get progressivly smoother as it is used ... at least for the first 1000 rounds or so ... as parts slide on each other and "wear in" to each other, so this likely has helped too.

But, the reality is also that there are a lot of factors. Make of shell, the way you mount the gun, etc. Next time it isn't working (if it ever misbehaves again) try firing it with a very firm shoulder. Or, against something firm (tree?). The few times my saiga hiccups, I'm usually shooting in an odd position. i.e. Left shoulder, leaning around an object, on the move etc (action competitions). I clear it, shoulder a bit more firmly and role on.

Edited by kmoore