This is just my opinion, yours may differ, but the depiction by Hollywood of guns in general is ridiculous, disingenuous, and insulting to me. Disingenuous because this entertainment industry, (and I use this description loosely), has built its ticket sales on gun violence. Some of the most vocal anti gun liberals make their prolific incomes with these props in their make believe acting roles. The ignorant, actor idolizing, movie watching, anti gun hypocritical idiots who but tickets to this shit, watch every impossible, imaginary, superhuman shoot out. The believe and enjoy what they have seen on the big screen or the tube, and try to transfer this tripe to the real world. I have yet to see a serious shooter thrust out his pistol at chest height, way below a true sight plane, with the gun sights pointing left to right, blazing away. Who the fuck ever thought up this combat shooting stance? My point is this, the general public has a twisted, misguided interpretation of what real gun enthusiasts are. It's up to people like the readers of this forum to let people know that we are not monsters, who enjoy shooting or killing other people. That is the difference between real life and the movies. I believe this fantasy industry does more harm than any of us realize.

This is just my opinion, yours may differ, but the depiction by Hollywood of guns in general is ridiculous, disingenuous, and insulting to me. Disingenuous because this entertainment industry, (and I use this description loosely), has built its ticket sales on gun violence. Some of the most vocal anti gun liberals make their prolific incomes with these props in their make believe acting roles. The ignorant, actor idolizing, movie watching, anti gun hypocritical idiots who but tickets to this shit, watch every impossible, imaginary, superhuman shoot out. The believe and enjoy what they have seen on the big screen or the tube, and try to transfer this tripe to the real world. I have yet to see a serious shooter thrust out his pistol at chest height, way below a true sight plane, with the gun sights pointing left to right, blazing away. Who the fuck ever thought up this combat shooting stance? My point is this, the general public has a twisted, misguided interpretation of what real gun enthusiasts are. It's up to people like the readers of this forum to let people know that we are not monsters, who enjoy shooting or killing other people. That is the difference between real life and the movies. I believe this fantasy industry does more harm than any of us realize.

So let's support the movie Defiance - it is the most pro-gun movie I've ever seen and it's been struggling - barely breaking even on budget. I have seen a few of my friends and family finally turning around their either anti-gun or ambivalent views towards much more gun-friendly ones after seeing Defiance.

Besides being a pro-gun movie - it is actually a really good story and EXTREMELY relevant to our times.