Hello, I am starting on a Saiga conversion and I need to find a US made fire control group. (hammer, trigger, disconnector etc.) I also need a US made buttstock. If anybody can help me out with this or other US parts you might have laying around let me know. I figured I would ask around before ordering this stuff.

Obviously I'm not going to pay as much as I can order them for on the internet, so please dont reply if you are selling your stuff at the same price I can order them for. This is for thoes of you who have extra US parts collecting dust. (its a shame that I have to clarify this)

For the right price, I may also be interested in US made: mags, followers, floorplates, pistol grip, and handguards.

Also, if anyone has a gas piston tube with handguard retainers the same size as the Saiga (AK74) or a spare lower handguard retainer, let me know.

Thank You!

This is the best deal I could find so far from soup bowl. A US made wood set for $90 with $7.00 shipping and an FSE fire control group for $35.00 with $4.00 shipping. I think I can find the gas tube with retainers and lower retainer somewhere else for around $40.00 shipped.

post-23-1108141322.jpg

Thanks Doerdie. I saw the post on these awhile back. I think I did a little dance when I saw them.

<<<edit>>> No deals yet, Still looking. I am intersted in wood or black synthetic furniture and fcg parts.

Edited by pistonring8

Pistonring8 and interested others,

Here is a valuable link to a US manufactures of hardwood stocks and guards for reasonable prices. This gives you the beauty of new hardwood with US parts for a reasonable price. Check it out.

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1zAKproduct.html

Wolverine

Ok, I struck a deal with another member for some black synthetic. So this post is dead. But before it falls down the list I found a few things that you all might like.

While I was shopping around for wood, I found that an AK74 or AK100-101 type gas piston tube will fit the Saiga with just a little trim work. Most of these come with the handguard retainers and some are vented. You can get a Chinese gas piston tube with retainers and vent holes brand new blued finish for $2.99 or less!

The lower handguard is available for $5.00-$10.00 Maby less. And they come new or used. There are a few posts on how to split them down the middle and reattach it on your barrel for a lower handguard. The other option is to press off the fsb and gb to slide it on.

Just thought this might help for thoes of you who are looking to use wood on your Saiga.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.