AK-74 brake and accuracy

I have an AK-74 muzzlebrake on my saiga .223 and was told that the brake would throw off the bullet. I have not been able to test it with and without the brake because living in NY its welded on and I have never shot it before it was put on. So far at 100 yards my grouping averages from 4-6 inch for the most part and occasionaly have 1 or 2 shots that kinda wander off to the side using wolf 55grain ammo. I was curious to hear if there is any truth to what I was told. I would like to tighten my groups up a bit and if the break is a problem i would like to take it off but I dont wanna go through the trouble of taking the brake off and replacing the front sight block with a unthreaded one if it wont make a difference .

What kind of muzzle brake?

A genuine copy or original military design?

A sh**heap US made "AK74 style" 922r paperweight?

If you're using the military design, there should be no appreciable effect on accuracy.

What kind of muzzle brake?

A genuine copy or original military design?

A sh**heap US made "AK74 style" 922r paperweight?

If you're using the military design, there should be no appreciable effect on accuracy.

not sure really. I purchaced it from a friend and it does not have a U.S. stamp on it

Edited by Bilo