FINALLY ! Bullet guide installed!

I had received my bullet guide kit from Dinzag a couple of weeks ago and finally installed it yesterday. We went up to the farm yesterday for a family cookout and I took the x39 , kit and goodies and made good use of Dad's shop. ( Mine is under renovation right now. ) As all have said, didn't take but just a few minutes to do. I used a drill press but it would be very easy to use a hand held drill as well !

After drilling the hole I put the rifle in a vise and after listening to the horror stories, took it real slow with the tap making 1/4 turns and backing iff to clear the tap. Of course I laughed about this as I use taps every work day. Imagine using taps this size on 1/4" iron and steel! That can't be stressed enough! Go VERY slow with the tap and USE CUTTING OIL! The whole process is very easy if you just take your time.

Anyhow after installing the guide, I got the rotary tool out and worked on the mag catch A couple minutes and I had several comblok mags working like they were factory. THIS IS FUN!!! Me and my nephews spent a fair amount of ammo giving it a workout! :killer: I first hand cycled a mag of bullets through it without a hiccup and then turned it on. Not a ftf or fte..nothing!

Thanks Dinzag for a wonderful product!! :super: Now, I guess I have a few Surefires and a Factory mag to get rid of! LOL

I have the factory 10 round mag and the two Surefire 30 round mags listed in the WTS section if anyone's interested.

P.S. Dad gave me a peek at the furniture he is whittlin out for my 308. Some BEAUTIFUL CHERRY!! Can't wait for it to be finished! I had thought about using a skeleton stock on it but after seeing what he's doing, it will retain it's sporter look, except for the Dinzag trigger group conversion! I consider myself a decent woodworker, but Daddy is DA MAN!!

Edited by unclejake

Congratulations! I had my x39 converted for about 3 years now but was using proprietary mags. I ordered the bullet guide kit from dinzag but is not here yet. I dremel the mag catch down yesterday and tested variety of AK mags and they fit perfectly. When I get the bullet guide kit form dinzag I will install it. I just got tired of having a russian AK that don't accept AK mags.

Yeah, that was me. I don't mind it on my 223 and 308. But the x39...that was just wrong, especially when it is SO EASY to do and Dinzags kit Rocks!!

Edited by unclejake

Amen...

You know, shooting a Saiga is almost a religious experience! Made in the same factory as Old Michael K started churning out AK47s 60 years ago! With the 223s, mags are limited to Promag and Surefire Siaga specific, or Galil and Weigers which are more expensive. With the 7.62 YOU HAVE TO use good old Com Bloc steel! (or bakelite)

Sent you a PM on the 10 round factory!