Do these Tapco parts work in a saiga 7.62

The Saiga piston is a AK 100 series type...the one shown is a earlier configuration (it has a "collar" that mates against the end of the carrier -the Saiga piston does not do this).

As for the hand guard? The Saiga does not have the standard AK hand guard metal fixtures to allow this to be used -could be adapted, probably.

Lollygagger :unsure:

The TAPCO piston takes some work. If you have a good drillpress with a decent vice, and a cutter for converting chevy/ford heads to screw in rocker studs-- no problem. If this makes no sense -have a 'smith or maciene shop do it.

G O B

Actually the piston worked well with my 7.62x39. I used the tapco unit. First I used a hand drill and drilled into the "peen" on the carrier on each side and right into the old piston. I did this since the pin would not budge. Then used vise grips and removed the old piston. Then installed the tapco piston tight, as the saiga piston was tight. Looked to make sure the entire assembly was true and it was so I unscrewed piston and used red loctite and re tightened. Then Bashed the threads of the new piston in through the holes drilled in the carrier to prevent it from coming loose. And it has worked perfect for 600 rounds. No signs of wear, not loose at all. Mission accomplished.