Kobra red dot for Saiga

I ordered and recieved a Kobra red dot for my saiga for $295.00 from http://www.eastwave.ca/products/scopes/cobra.html

I highly recommend this site. I have also seen them on ebay.

The price is high, but Eastwave is a quality outfit. I've ordered 2 8x42 POSP scopes, a PK-AS and I think my PO 3.5x21p from them, among other things. Good people to do business with.

Z

I ordered and recieved a Kobra red dot for my saiga for $295.00 from http://www.eastwave.ca/products/scopes/cobra.html

I highly recommend this site. I have also seen them on ebay.

The price is high, but Eastwave is a quality outfit. I've ordered 2 8x42 POSP scopes, a PK-AS and I think my PO 3.5x21p from them, among other things. Good people to do business with.

Z

The price seems even higher on gunbroker.

True, I guess thats the market these days. At least you can still find them though...my favorite the PK-AS has vanished from the face of the earth. :ded:

Z

True, I guess thats the market these days. At least you can still find them though...my favorite the PK-AS has vanished from the face of the earth. :ded:

Z

It was actually shipped from the Russian Federation. It took 16 days to recieve.

Have a pic w/it on the saiga?

NailBomb has one pictured on his. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...3312&st=240

The older pics of mine have the style shown, it was borrowed from a friend. The newer pics are of a picany mount style on a guntech mount. I did flip and chop the picany rail(it is held on by 2 allens) to get the rail the same size as the base without covering the battery. I think it came out ok, and really these are very nice sights. only downsides might be they are heavy for a red dot(read: not very heavy) and they are a bit bulky for a red dot too. Its the price you pay for something built like a tank. Makes perfect sense to me on my S-12.

page 9 for style shown page 13 for other style(and newer pics of my saiga)

You mentioned looking on e-bay, there have been threads warning that there is a copycat airsoft red dot that looks damn near identical but WILL NOT hold up to anything close to the real thing. just keep that in mind while shopping.

Edited by Nailbomb

NailBomb has one pictured on his. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...3312&st=240

The older pics of mine have the style shown, it was borrowed from a friend. The newer pics are of a picany mount style on a guntech mount. I did flip and chop the picany rail(it is held on by 2 allens) to get the rail the same size as the base without covering the battery. I think it came out ok, and really these are very nice sights. only downsides might be they are heavy for a red dot(read: not very heavy) and they are a bit bulky for a red dot too. Its the price you pay for something built like a tank. Makes perfect sense to me on my S-12.

You mentioned looking on e-bay, there have been threads warning that there is a copycat airsoft red dot that looks damn near identical but WILL NOT hold up to anything close to the real thing. just keep that in mind while shopping.

I have seen the ebay clones, but eastwave sells their real Kobras on ebay. The ebay one I purchased had East Wave as the seller and it was shipped from the Russian Federation. If it is East Wave, I would trust it. I have seen people try to pass off cheep clones as well on ebay.

I have seen the ebay clones, but eastwave sells their real Kobras on ebay. The ebay one I purchased had East Wave as the seller and it was shipped from the Russian Federation. If it is East Wave, I would trust it. I have seen people try to pass off cheep clones as well on ebay.

Here is one on ebay from East Wave, it is real. http://cgi.ebay.com/COBRA-Kobra-Red-Dot-Co...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Edited by Patriot12
That Eastwave site has some interesting red dot scopes. Anybody have any experience with this one:

pk-as.jpg

Eastwave

Think it's S12 compatible?

It is ;)

S12New01.JPG

Z

How do you like it? Easy to get sighted in with it?

Does the mount center the scope over the bore or is it off to the side? The reason I ask is because I shoot lefty and need it to be centered to get much use from it. I have to admit, I like the looks of it... :)

I like the PK-AS quite a bit, it's my favorite combloc red dot by far.

They are not particularly easy to zero because the elevation adjustment is in a difficult spot to get to...mainly a problem for rifles because you need to have a good zero, but for shotgun distances I haven't even changed it yet. It's close enough to get rounds on target, though maybe if I were going to zero for slugs I'd have to be more exact.

The PK-AS does not sit over the centerline, it is off to the left a little bit. There is a version called PK-AS-V that sits directly over the centerline.

You can shoot the PK-AS with both eyes open though. It takes a little getting used to but works great once you get the hang of it.

Z

Edited by TX-Zen
I like the PK-AS quite a bit, it's my favorite combloc red dot by far.

They are not particularly easy to zero because the elevation adjustment is in a difficult spot to get to...mainly a problem for rifles because you need to have a good zero, but for shotgun distances I haven't even changed it yet. It's close enough to get rounds on target, though maybe if I were going to zero for slugs I'd have to be more exact.

The PK-AS does not sit over the centerline, it is off to the left a little bit. There is a version called PK-AS-V that sits directly over the centerline.

You can shoot the PK-AS with both eyes open though. It takes a little getting used to but works great once you get the hang of it.

Z

Thanks! I'm gonna see if I can track down a PK-AS-V...:)