Looking for a Kobra Red Dot

I haven't really looked for one of these red dot's yet but I'd like to pick up the same model eventually, its all part of the dream build. Are they difficult to find nowadays? I remember that when I first saw the second gen kobra they were still fairly easy to get a hold of as long as Tantal had them.

Where have you looked so far?

The only sites where I've found them even mentioned as possibly for sale are Tantal and onesourcetactical. I tried emailing Tantal for price and availability at krink@cst.net, (which is listed on the site), but it seems that that is no longer the correct email address? Yahoo doesn't like it and can't deliver my email to it. One source tactical says to "call for availability", which I cannot do until tomorrow, (too late atm).

So.. know of any other sources or what the correct email for Tantal's site might be?

I'm looking to buy a Kobra Red Dot, specifically the EKP-8-02, (as opposed to the EKP-1S-03M), since it uses lithium disc batteries rather than AA's.

I'm having a tough time finding them. Does anyone know of a site that has them in stock?

TIA

The EKP-1S-03M will take AA lithium, I have two energizers in mine. They last much longer. If you insist on EKP-8-02, east wave sells them on ebay.

http://shop.ebay.com/kobra%20red%20dot?_fr...ries&_naf=1

I bought a EKP-1S-03M from them and it was actually shipped from Russia. They are trust worthy.

I'm looking to buy a Kobra Red Dot, specifically the EKP-8-02, (as opposed to the EKP-1S-03M), since it uses lithium disc batteries rather than AA's.

I'm having a tough time finding them. Does anyone know of a site that has them in stock?

TIA

The EKP-1S-03M will take AA lithium, I have two energizers in mine. They last much longer. If you insist on EKP-8-02, east wave sells them on ebay.

I bought a EKP-1S-03M from them and it was actually shipped from Russia. They are trust worthy.

Heh, I don't "insist" on the EKP-8-02, but I'd gotten feedback from members of this board that that model was less vulnerable to possible failure due to heavy recoil than the EKP-1S-03M is, since it uses lithium disc batteries rather than AA's, and the alignment of those is perpendicular to recoil, rather than parallel to the recoil as the AA's in the EKP-1S-03M are.

I've also read that the EKP-8-02 is a slightly improved design in other ways, such as a less obstructed lens, and I like the sleeker look of the EKP-8-02 side-mount, (fewer parts, more solid).

I want to use this red dot on both my Arsenal SGL20, (low recoil), and my S-12, (med-heavy recoil), so I figured the EKP-8-02 would be superior to the EKP-1S-03M for this purpose.

Am I wrong?

Edited by post-apocalyptic

TIA

Heh, I don't "insist" on the EKP-8-02, but I'd gotten feedback from members of this board that that model was less vulnerable to possible failure due to heavy recoil than the EKP-1S-03M is, since it uses lithium disc batteries rather than AA's, and the alignment of those is perpendicular to recoil, rather than parallel to the recoil as the AA's in the EKP-1S-03M are.

I've also read that the EKP-8-02 is a slightly improved design in other ways, such as a less obstructed lens, and I like the sleeker look of the EKP-8-02 side-mount, (fewer parts, more solid).

I want to use this red dot on both my Arsenal SGL20, (low recoil), and my S-12, (med-heavy recoil), so I figured the EKP-8-02 would be superior to the EKP-1S-03M for this purpose.

Am I wrong?

Good points, I thought that you may have been looking at battery life issues. Now that you mention it, I too have read thread about the same thing. I have also seen those sites on gunbroker. I have used my EKP-1S-03M on my saiga 12 with no issues, but I can see the logic in the concern about the battery inertia. If any of those statements are true, the older model would most definatley be more reliable. Especially with a 12ga.

The only sites where I've found them even mentioned as possibly for sale are Tantal and onesourcetactical. I tried emailing Tantal for price and availability at krink@cst.net, (which is listed on the site), but it seems that that is no longer the correct email address? Yahoo doesn't like it and can't deliver my email to it. One source tactical says to "call for availability", which I cannot do until tomorrow, (too late atm).

So.. know of any other sources or what the correct email for Tantal's site might be?

Here is Doug's new email address tantal@sbcglobal.net

Eastwave seems to be the only online place that sells them new. I found mine on THR with a Moderator over there selling his. Best bet is just keep an eye out, i love the 8-02 model.

Thanks. I sent my price/availability inquiry email to that address early this morn. I haven't heard back yet but then again it's only been about 10 hours since I sent the email. Just in case anyone's wondering, One source tactical does not currently have any Kobra red dots available. I just spoke with them on the phone.

Thanks. I sent my price/availability inquiry email to that address early this morn. I haven't heard back yet but then again it's only been about 10 hours since I sent the email. Just in case anyone's wondering, One source tactical does not currently have any Kobra red dots available. I just spoke with them on the phone.

Have you thought about eastwave.com?

Yep.. they're kind of my last resort though.. cause although they have Kobras available, they seem to be ~$100 higher, ($289), than some other sites advertise Kobras for, (although those sites are either out of stock or have yet to let me know).

I'd much rather pick one up for ~$200 than ~$300, even if I have to wait a bit for some more to be imported.

Yep.. they're kind of my last resort though.. cause although they have Kobras available, they seem to be ~$100 higher, ($289), than some other sites advertise Kobras for, (although those sites are either out of stock or have yet to let me know).

I'd much rather pick one up for ~$200 than ~$300, even if I have to wait a bit for some more to be imported.

Agreed. The only reason I used them is no one else had the latest gen Kobra. I have seen older ones on occassion on gunbroker, you might get lucky.

Alright, just got Tantal's current catelog by email. They're out of Kobra red dots. Who knows what they were charging for em before they were sold out, (the catelog doesn't list any price now)?

Does anyone know of a site currently selling Kobra red dots, (any model), for less than eastwave is selling them for, (~$289)?

Edited by post-apocalyptic