Finally had time to shoot my converted Saiga

Awesome post. Welcome to the Saiga addicted group. Your eye sight is an inspiring story. God has Blessed you!

I was always an AR and M1 Carbine guy. Back in the day (late 80s and early 90s) I built and sold hundreds of AR platforms (I had an FFL then). I have owned AKs and always thought of them as the most reliable rifle. I did not LOVE them, though until I converted that first 223. Now that I traded it for the 7.62, which is what I wanted in the first place, I am absolutely, madly obsessed with this damn weapon!

I have an AR lower waiting to be built up, but I keep putting money into AK ammo, mags, pouches, reloading components, dies, mold, etc. I am down to a little over 2,000 rounds, so I better slow down on the shooting until amo gets cheaper again!

Awesome post. Welcome to the Saiga addicted group. Your eye sight is an inspiring story. God has Blessed you!

I have an AR lower waiting to be built up, but I keep putting money into AK ammo, mags, pouches, reloading components, dies, mold, etc. I am down to a little over 2,000 rounds, so I better slow down on the shooting until amo gets cheaper again!

Yeah, unfortunately I'm probably not going to be shooting the Saiga rifle again for awhile due to the ammo prices. I've got around 500-600 rounds left. I'm looking to get a Mosin-Nagant because it looks like its fun and relatively cheap to shoot.