how to make my saiga 7.62.39 fit hi cap mags

You can look at the stickies here and your questions will be answered.

If you can't find the answers (or the stickies), there are lots of other posts here with the info.

1) bullet guide for the caliber of your rifle

2) Shave down the "top shelf" of the mag catch (NOT THE LEVER YOU MOVE, BUT THE METAL ABOVE IT). Shave down a little at a time and see if the mag fits. Keep shaving, SLOWLY, until you get 'em to fit just right. Make sure to get mags from various countries so you can make sure you've shaved enough to account for the various tolerances (I got two Romanians, a Polish and an East German mag and they all fit in that order. First the Rommies fit, but the Polish and German wouldn't, then the Polish one would and finally the German. ONCE AGAIN, GO SLOWLY. It's impossible to screw this part up unless you're really daft :-P

3) Remember to be 922® compliant if you're using foreign mags.

Edited by Big Boss

Just need to look a little harder. There is an entire section of the forum dedicated to 922r and compliance. Also in the x39 section there is a sticky up top to get you started. Basically as soon as you stick a 30 round mag into your new Saiga, you are taking it out of the imported configuration. There is a reason it didn't come with a 30 round mag in the box. Don't try and understand it, as it's like most retarded laws in the country, but you should start there.

Dinzag arms makes a great bullet guide that you'll want to use to fit regular AK magazines. Otherwise you'll just have to stick to Saiga-only mags. Generally you'll want Saiga specific magazines in all cases unless you install said bullet guide or make modifications.

And Search is your friend, if you have trouble using the search function on the site, just run your search on google, it will send to threads here 49 out of 50 times.

Per using google search, you can also search only this site using it, if you use one of their special modifiers. For instance if you want to search the site for 922r compliance you would do this, right in the google search box:

site:forum.saiga-12.com 922r compliance

I'm not sure...and I may be corrected by another member but...I think the Saiga rifle comes with 14 parts and if you modify it in any way, you have to replace 4 of the parts with US parts in order to remain compliant.

If you modify the gun, almost everyone replaced the fire control group, which contains three parts, and installs a new pistol grip and stock, which are an additional 2 parts. I also use a new handguard and I use US floor plates on my imported mags so I gain an additional two compliance parts there.

Check out DPH Arms as they have US-made floor plates and mag followers, as well as furniture and some conversion parts.

Check out Dinzag Arms for a complete pile of conversion parts, including specialty stuff like bullet guides, modified safety levers, replacement trigger guards, and all kinds of tool rentals, as well as tutorials.

Between the SEARCH function on this site, Google searches which will redirect you to specific posts on this site, Dinzags site and DPH Arms....the next post we should see from you is "I converted my Saiga and here are the pics to prove it!"

This fool is wasting time on TheHighRoad and TheFiringLine, asking the same questions, posting the same picture, using the same username.

Hey XBox, come to south Florida, bring your Saiga and a pocket full of cash, I'll convert the thing for you so you can stop wasting our time !!