I have a 7.62 x 39 and wish to have a full conversion done. I am not handy and have very little free time to figure it out. I am happy to pay someone to do the work for me. I live in the Minneapolis area. Does anyone on the forum know a gunsmith who does this work in the area. If not, who would you recommend nationally that I could mail the rifle to? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 7.62 x 39 and wish to have a full conversion done. I am not handy and have very little free time to figure it out. I am happy to pay someone to do the work for me. I live in the Minneapolis area. Does anyone on the forum know a gunsmith who does this work in the area. If not, who would you recommend nationally that I could mail the rifle to? Thanks

Depending on what "extras" You'd want done. I've done easily a dozen Saiga conversions. Assuming You have all the parts, i.e., FCG parts bullet guide. When I'm home in July. Id do it with You so You could See, and Learn. I've got a drill press, and all the goodies to make it easy.

I'm not a certified gunSmith. But I am a"Saiga-Smith".....lol :devil: As are most here.

I live outta Little Canada/Roseville area. Deployed currently. But July is looking good if You want to give it a whirl. It's not difficult. Just an Afternoon.

Let me know. I'm slated tenatively for early July for leave. Sorry. no specific date yet. If You'd like a specific list of folks who are gunsmiths who I'd feel comforable recommending....believe it or not. The list is small. Not alot of Saiga-mechs there. I do know a few.

wish member Wintermute76 was still on here. He opened my eyes with my first conversion.