saiga 308 conversion - new model -

Hey,

I bought my saiga 308 brand new in janurary 2009. I looked at the popular conversion site, but it seems like he was using an older model for demonstration, as things looked quite different on my model. I don't have access to tools, so I don't feel comfortable trying this conversion on my own time (getting into town once a week - at most).

I was wondering if a real gunsmith would do this job for me, how much should I expect to pay for the services. I live in the pacific northwest, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help

vfronda

Hey,

I bought my saiga 308 brand new in janurary 2009. I looked at the popular conversion site, but it seems like he was using an older model for demonstration, as things looked quite different on my model. I don't have access to tools, so I don't feel comfortable trying this conversion on my own time (getting into town once a week - at most).

I was wondering if a real gunsmith would do this job for me, how much should I expect to pay for the services. I live in the pacific northwest, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help

vfronda

The .308's are a bit different. There are no pins to drill out which makes it easier. On the flip side there is an issue with the safety (read sticky in this section). You just have to remove the plate and reinstall your fire control group. I highly recommend buying your FCG from Dinzag because it addresses the safety issue (plus he polishes and refinishes them too which I find to be a nice touch).