My new SMG forearm

So I ordered the SGM tri rail forearm from Carolina Shooter's. Here are my impressions.

First of all, the thing was SOLID!. It was big & thick & heavy & I couldn't flex it. To install it you have to take off your muzzle accessory & slide it down the barrel cause it won't snap on, at least not w/o some big ass hammer. It was very impressive piece of work. The rails seem very well formed (or machined???).

It was only vented in the front so I drilled a few holes at 6 o'clock under the throat.

The rails are only in the front half. Honestly, I wish they came back towards the rear a little bit more, maybe just like an inch or less. I had to machined my VFG a little bit so I could get it back a 1/2" farther & it is pretty damn near perfect. Of course, if you are using a VFG in the 6 O'clock position you can't have it too close to the magazine if you don't have a mag well, but the rails could come a little farther to the rear w/o making the VFG in the way. Anymore, I like my VFG farther forward anyway b/c it helps keep the muzzle down in rapid fire. Also, this is a good position in order to reach around the drum magazine.

The things I like best about it are the price: $75, & the way it goes forward a little ahead of the gas block. The latter is the main reason I bought it b/c it allows me to mount my VFG & light up where I want it.

All in all, I am happy with it.

Here are some pics. Also, there is one the lever that the smith at Firearm Sales Co did & my M4 stock I modified to fold w/ drum. The the scotch tape on the barrel indicates 12".

post-14238-1245498720_thumb.jpg

post-14238-1245498746_thumb.jpg

post-14238-1245498772_thumb.jpg

post-14238-1245498833_thumb.jpg

Edited by rightwingnut

Looks cool, can you post better pics as they are hard to see the detail? I ordered a fugly stick from MAA this week instead of this one, but I just cant make up my mind as to how my saiga should look "in the end" if there is such a thing. I guess I am obsessed!