recoil spring replacement

Ask Patriot12 and Gothchick, I'm sure they know.

But in case they don't, grasp the recoil mechanism in the left hand. Position the guide rod vertically with the heel down on the table or rest. Compress the recoil spring downward, and with the right hand separate the end of the movable rod and remove the collar. Remove the spring from the guide rod. Remove the movable rod from the guide.

Ask Patriot12 and Gothchick, I'm sure they know.

But in case they don't, grasp the recoil mechanism in the left hand. Position the guide rod vertically with the heel down on the table or rest. Compress the recoil spring downward, and with the right hand separate the end of the movable rod and remove the collar. Remove the spring from the guide rod. Remove the movable rod from the guide.

Thanks. But does that pin by the heel have to be driven out to remove the movable rod?

I know that Patriot12 doesn't know and Gothchick is nowhere to be found.

Edited by Crusader

Yes, you have to pull back the spring and hold it while you drive out the pin to remove the rear spring. It can be a bit of a bitch, I used a small vice and a pair of plastic grippers to hold the spring back while I worked the pin out. Make sure your punch is not flimsy as that steel pin will bend aluminum in some cases.