Alright I finished the conversion guys but I have left over part!!!!

On the shepards spring how does it go in there???

Left side or right side?

What does it do?

Im using the original spring.

Its seems also that the trigger pin is a little loose and the hammer pin is kinda tight.

I also had to grind down the bolt carrier assembly a little bit. And it still kinda sticks when cocking.

Is that bad?

And how do I fix the saftey?

I dont wanna kill myself.

Thanks Guyz

The AK uses two pins to hold parts such as the trigger in place. Each pin crosses the width of the receiver and ends up in a hole. The shepherds hook is used to prevent the pin from popping out of the hole when you are firing the gun. Installing the hook is a difficult task for most people so they either use a retaining plate made by Red Star Arms which may or may not fit the configuration in a Saiga and which costs about $12, or they use e-clips that they buy at a hardware store for about 50 cents. These e-clips pop right into the groove where the hook is normally positioned.

JC man.... what did you do? :rolleyes:

Anyway, here are a couple of answers:

1. Without seeing your FCG hook/spring in the firearm, it's hard to say what the issue is as there may be none.

2. With regards to the pins, try swapping them and see it that solves your problem. Most likely it will.

3. Mistake of grinding your carrier... But, the sticking is probably just the pressure from your hammer pressing against the bottom of it... especially if it is a rough, ground surface now.

4. What problem are you having with your selector/safety? You only mention that you don't want to kill yourself. That info is good to know, but it doesn't help to explain what's wrong.

Alright, start off by walking us through your conversion. This is on a .308, right? Did you change fcg? Why did you grind on the bolt carrier? Did you fire it and then have the binding on the hammer pin or was it binding before? What is not working with your safety? More info, please.