help! Mag problems -need some assistance and info

Greetings, I just got me Saiga 12 with mods in the mail and find that it will only take 10 rnd mags made by AGP ( and the 5 round that came with it). When I try to use a pro-mag the mag is very hard to fit inside the mag well, and for the few that do fit the bolt action gets jammed open until I release the mag and take it out. Anyone know what the heck may be going on here? I don't mind useing one type of mag, but I cannot see why any mag made for the gun would not work, I do notice that the AGP mag and the 5 round that came with it all have a slant cut on the rear of the mag that the promag does not. I was all set to buy a MD20 drum and now don't know if that would fit either. ???

??????

Thanks for the note back, and I did a search but I suppose not the right one. I foudn notes on drum issues, and other mags but not issues that seem to be the same I am having. Not sure what cork tea is or where to locate it :unsure:

Think I'll send the frigging pro-mags that don't fit back to the seller and buy only ones I don't have to make fit. Seems a waste of time to me to sit around and file on mags that may not work at the end of the day anyway.

thanks

well, my will to make the mags got to me and after a day at the range of working with them I got at least two of them to work without issues. Still, not a large fan of Promags and I won't buy any more of those types, at least not for my gun. I've got 8 10 rnd mags, the russian 8 rounders and I think I'll do the MD 20 drum for a final mag count on the gun. Call me silly but I would expect a mag that cost $50 each would work out of the box!

Thanks for the comments...

Greetings, I just got me Saiga 12 with mods in the mail and find that it will only take 10 rnd mags made by AGP ( and the 5 round that came with it). When I try to use a pro-mag the mag is very hard to fit inside the mag well, and for the few that do fit the bolt action gets jammed open until I release the mag and take it out. Anyone know what the heck may be going on here? I don't mind useing one type of mag, but I cannot see why any mag made for the gun would not work, I do notice that the AGP mag and the 5 round that came with it all have a slant cut on the rear of the mag that the promag does not. I was all set to buy a MD20 drum and now don't know if that would fit either. ???

??????

There are ways to getting those promags to work. Search this forum, you will find almost every trick in the book. I gave up on promag myself, but I am sure that the member I traded with got them to work. Especially when he PM me with a detailed diagnosis with what was wrong. I traded 10x promags for 3x Gen II AGP mags. I am happy with the trade because it introduced me to AGP.

I do not own a MD20 drum, but can not find anything bad about it. All the feed back on these forums have been positive. You will find lots of traffic on promags.