So a few nights ago, I awoke to a distinct knocking noise at my bedroom door at 3 AM. My wife and I just moved into this place last week, and it was a foreclosure before that. We are the only ones living here, so there shouldn't be any noises. So I grabbed my S12, engaged the BHO, and inserted my factor 5 rounder. Didn't load a round, just wanted to be ready in case I had to. Cleared the house, but found nothing. Went back to bed, pulled out the mag, but left the BHO on just in case I had to load it. Fell asleep without further incident. Realized today that my BHO was still on. Basically, I'm asking if there can be any ill effects from leaving it on for a few days.

Thanks for your time, and it was actually kinda fun clearing my house with the S12. Makes me want to chop the barrel, add a tac light, etc...

So I grabbed my S12, engaged the BHO, and inserted my factor 5 rounder. Didn't load a round, just wanted to be ready in case I had to. Cleared the house, but found nothing.

I know you didn't ask for advice on this, but.............if I'm reading this right, you cleared your house with a gun that did not have a round/shell chambered? It could have turned out ugly for you, had someone actually been in your house. Just sayin'.

So I grabbed my S12, engaged the BHO, and inserted my factor 5 rounder. Didn't load a round, just wanted to be ready in case I had to. Cleared the house, but found nothing.

I know you didn't ask for advice on this, but.............if I'm reading this right, you cleared your house with a gun that did not have a round/shell chambered? It could have turned out ugly for you, had someone actually been in your house. Just sayin'.

Yeah, it wasn't chambered, but my hand was on the charge handle ready to release it.