Well I can vouch for all you kind folks here with all the info ya'll provided I did my conversion in 1 hr 42 minutes.

A big thanks for that.

One problem these's butt stocks must be made for short arm suckers, I bought the nato length is 3" shorter that the saiga stock any suggestions ?????. This sure will not work!!

Paul

Edited by wizard5000
Well I can vouch for all you kind folks here with all the info ya'll provided I did my conversion in 1 hr 42 minutes.

A big thanks for that.

One problem these's butt stocks must be made for short arm suckers, I bought the nato length is 3" shorter that the saiga stock any suggestions ?????. This sure will not work!!

Paul

Wizard: I suggest getting a expanding stock, or an AR to AK stock adaptor if the selection out there is to small.

A big thanks for that.

Paul

Wizard: I suggest getting a expanding stock, or an AR to AK stock adaptor if the selection out there is to small.

Problem is there is no selection out there that I can find except for the nato lenth stock and it's 1/1/2" to short.

Ideally the saiga is perfect for length except the looks, what we need is for someone to make stocks that length..

All that i have found are to short, I guess I could try to carve one out of wood.

Thanks

for the responce.

Well if you really need an spacer of 3" or better, I have made them out of black flip flops. They can be had pretty cheaply and also the girls models can be quite thick. You want the type that the straps are not laminated between layers or they will show up when you sand them to size. You want the type they pass straight through to the sole.

A big thanks for that.

Paul

They actually use a slightly different hold and stance with an SMG or Assault Rifle than most people do with a hunting rifle.Your elbows tucked in and your firing hand lifting up rather than extended out from your body so unless you are like 6ft5in or taller it's about what you are used to rather than the stock.The Nato length K-Var stock is as long from the grip to the buttpad as a standard M16 stock if I am not mistaken and plenty of tall dudes with really long arms shoot those pretty darned well.

The flipflop buttpad spacer idea is probably the best piece of redneck engineering I have ever heard and I must instantly carve up a set of my wife's flipflops with the thicker harder sole as soon as the sun goes down :D

...The flipflop buttpad spacer idea is probably the best piece of redneck engineering I have ever heard and I must instantly carve up a set of my wife's flipflops with the thicker harder sole as soon as the sun goes down :D

remember, they are available in hot pink and even rainbow to get rid of some of the redneck aura...

Be sure and post pics! :D

I used a pair to make a spacer for my M1A stock and one for an old 10/22 that was too short for me! I just hacked them out to basic shape with a fine cut jig saw then screwed them onto the rear of the stock. Then I put a few layers of blue tape on the stock itself for protection and used a belt sander to grind/sand them to final shape. Frankly, they looked just fine and no one was the wiser of their lowly birth. I think that I paid $4 for them!

To the OP! Seriously though, 3" is a lot of spacer. You are quite correct, these guns are designed for fast mounting and consequently, a shorter length of pull.

A big thanks for that.

Paul

They actually use a slightly different hold and stance with an SMG or Assault Rifle than most people do with a hunting rifle.Your elbows tucked in and your firing hand lifting up rather than extended out from your body so unless you are like 6ft5in or taller it's about what you are used to rather than the stock.The Nato length K-Var stock is as long from the grip to the buttpad as a standard M16 stock if I am not mistaken and plenty of tall dudes with really long arms shoot those pretty darned well.

The flipflop buttpad spacer idea is probably the best piece of redneck engineering I have ever heard and I must instantly carve up a set of my wife's flipflops with the thicker harder sole as soon as the sun goes down :D

Now that's funny I'm 6'5" tall long arms and throwed my M16 peice of crap away in 1965 somewhere in south VN. I have a M14 that fits me perfect and I like the Saiga just have to solve the stock problem.

Thanks

paul

...The flipflop buttpad spacer idea is probably the best piece of redneck engineering I have ever heard and I must instantly carve up a set of my wife's flipflops with the thicker harder sole as soon as the sun goes down :D

remember, they are available in hot pink and even rainbow to get rid of some of the redneck aura...

Be sure and post pics! :D

I used a pair to make a spacer for my M1A stock and one for an old 10/22 that was too short for me! I just hacked them out to basic shape with a fine cut jig saw then screwed them onto the rear of the stock. Then I put a few layers of blue tape on the stock itself for protection and used a belt sander to grind/sand them to final shape. Frankly, they looked just fine and no one was the wiser of their lowly birth. I think that I paid $4 for them!

To the OP! Seriously though, 3" is a lot of spacer. You are quite correct, these guns are designed for fast mounting and consequently, a shorter length of pull.

LOL!!!! I guess pink would be considered a safety color??? these rifles were made for little short slant eyed guy's.

I have desided I think I will try to lay up a fiberglass one to fit.

Thanks for the laugh

paul

im 5'7" and i have an ATI folding/collapsing stock that my bro got me that i dont use because of length. For me, its to long at the shortest setup. Its almost 11" at the shortest with the pad on it. It goes out to 14". People over 6' will probably like one. I prefer the warsaw length.

Edited by GregM1
I'm 6'7'' and ordered the Warsaw length stock.... this could be WAY too short.... :unsure:

well if the saiga regular stock fits you in length then everything else is to short, I have sent both mine back I'm going to make a fiberglass stock long enough.

I'm 6'7'' and ordered the Warsaw length stock.... this could be WAY too short.... :unsure:

well if the saiga regular stock fits you in length then everything else is to short, I have sent both mine back I'm going to make a fiberglass stock long enough.

we'll see I guess. My other one has the collapsable/foldable ATI M4 Stock, along with being a 20'' barrel so I'm trying to make this as short as possible.... the wife is 5'1'', can't shoot it or the shotgun.