Recoil spring modification

I notice that the firing really slams the rebound spring back and puts a very noticeable divot in the brass where it contacts the ejector. I have found a way to lessen this, to some degree, using regular factory ammo. I bought a spring of the same size at the local hardware store and cut the spring so that the rebound barely compresses all the way as it hits the end of it's stroke. It has seemed to help with the dented bottom of the brass and I have not seen any malfunctions with it. On lighter handloads, that may not cycle properly, one can simply remove the extra bit of spring, as this is not a permanent modification, unless you see fit.

Use locking needle nose vice grips and when you pull back on the end of the spring, you can lock the spring with the vice grips. Then you can open up the end tip that is 2 parts wire and held in place with the end piece that has a hole going all the way through. The end "loop" has been cut in half and the curved ends fit in the end of that end piece keeping them from coming out, and provide a stop for the rebound spring.

post-19094-1247632858_thumb.jpg

post-19094-1247632883_thumb.jpg