Apollo 11 lifted off today, 40 years ago

I wanted to point out that today was the liftoff of the Apollo 11 mission, FOURTY YEARS ago. The landing on the 20th? wasnt it? literally stopped the world.

The only thing I can compare is 9/11/2001. America went what the fuck, oh no, lets kill em all, and the world said UH OH that day.

Wish I was alive to see it.

I did get to see the Challenger blow up at school on TV, and the Colombia burn up over NM in person. Not exactly great moments, but hey, thats generation X for ya!

Just thought Id remind the members here that are older than me......and in my own way, remember the rare breed that goes into space, and those that have died worldwide pursuing man's dream of space travel.

later

I can just remember being around 6 thinking, man this is COOL.....Some place in the house I still have a box with replica mission patches and pics from that era from a trip to Cape Kennedy (back then). Probably news paper prints and stuff that my folks saved before they passed. I feel old for other reasons, this was a proud day in American history.

ya know, I honestly believe that the World could talk to each other on this. Its worth the fuckin money. Whered it go?

I WILL be there for the last shuttle flight. Im going to personally watch them fly that fugger....there is less than ten scheduled, missions!!!!! open ended I hear!!!!

I will be there for the last flight of the most complex machine on earth into space......