Thinking about purchasing Springfield Armory's XDM 40 cal. in black at my local dealer for $525 brand new in the case. I think it will go along nicely with my Saiga 7.62. I was just wondering anybody's opinion on accuracy, ammunition, concealability etc.

40 is the easiest to find right now (9/40/45)... the XDM is a good pistol. Not too concealable unless you're used to CCing Full-size pistols. Accuracy seems good. I'm not the best pistol shooter but I really enjoy the XDM.

~SN

Honestly, I prefer the grip on the standard XD series over the XDM. At the show this weekend a dealer was trying to sell me the XDM, but the grips just didn't feel good in my hand. I love the XD-45 tactical, though that too is no good for CC, though for me it is a tack driver. If the XDM fits your hand well, I'd say buy it, if you're in the market for a pistol. Personally, I'd hold out for the XD-45 :)

I got a xdm40 and I really like it. Like SaigaNoobie & vbtrmn said not to concealable, but overall a really good firearm. Many people at the range I go to got springfields, and they all like them alot. I agree vbrtmn I also like the feel of my xd(9) over the xdm, but hey, eveyone's hand is different. I'd say if you like the feel, go for it.

Thinking about purchasing Springfield Armory's XDM 40 cal. in black at my local dealer for $525 brand new in the case. I think it will go along nicely with my Saiga 7.62. I was just wondering anybody's opinion on accuracy, ammunition, concealability etc.

I got one this spring and I love it. Want to add 9 mm barrel later on so I can use cheaper ammo )))

I own a XD40, and I've shot an XDM9. I think I prefer the XDM, mainly because the trigger pull is WAY better.

That said, I just installed a PRP trigger kit in my .40 and it has vastly improved, perhaps better than the XDM. It looks great with a polished barrel too. :D At 500-600 bucks, it's a great gun, and I recommend it.

I carry a XD40 compact and its just barely acceptable as conceal gun, although I have no complaints. So my guess is a XDM would not fit the bill to carry concealed on a regular basis.