Hello folks,

I have looked around at a few red dot sights and found that people seem to like the Kobras. I was looking at the EKP-8-02, but am having a hard time finding a place to order one from. Folks here in the past said to go through Tantal, but I never got a response at the email address on the site when I made a pricing/availability request.

Anyone have any suggestions for a trustworthy source? Also, if anyone can put in a recommendation for something better than the EKP-8-02, I would appreciate any input.

I currently have a Saiga-12 and will be converting it to a tactical configuration shortly. Love the gun already, but the excessive trigger pull in the sporter config is pretty bad. So when making a red-dot recommendation, keep in mind that it is for a shotgun :D I plan on primarily doing trap and sporting clays.

Thanks!

*UPDATE* Funny how these things work. I did get an email response back, but it looks like those sights have a pretty hefty waiting list already. I guess it is a waiting game to get one. :D

-Jason

Edited by zenmetsu
Hello folks,

I have looked around at a few red dot sights and found that people seem to like the Kobras. I was looking at the EKP-8-02, but am having a hard time finding a place to order one from. Folks here in the past said to go through Tantal, but I never got a response at the email address on the site when I made a pricing/availability request.

Anyone have any suggestions for a trustworthy source? Also, if anyone can put in a recommendation for something better than the EKP-8-02, I would appreciate any input.

I currently have a Saiga-12 and will be converting it to a tactical configuration shortly. Love the gun already, but the excessive trigger pull in the sporter config is pretty bad. So when making a red-dot recommendation, keep in mind that it is for a shotgun :D I plan on primarily doing trap and sporting clays.

Thanks!

*UPDATE* Funny how these things work. I did get an email response back, but it looks like those sights have a pretty hefty waiting list already. I guess it is a waiting game to get one. :D

-Jason

OK, you didn't hear it from me...but their is a chinese company making knock offs of the Kobra right now and they are selling them through Banned On Ebay (http://www.ebairsoft.com/1s03-military-rifle-scope-p-1934.html) .

The quality is crap, but its cheap cheap cheap. I personally wouldn't own one, but if you were going for quality you would have been in the market for a PK-AS...

OK, you didn't hear it from me...but their is a chinese company making knock offs of the Kobra right now and they are selling them through Banned On Ebay (http://www.ebairsoft.com/1s03-military-rifle-scope-p-1934.html) .

The quality is crap, but its cheap cheap cheap. I personally wouldn't own one, but if you were going for quality you would have been in the market for a PK-AS...

Thanks for the info. I am not concerned so much about the price, and the Kobra sights are not that expensive. The problem seems to be more with availability. Aside from that, I would rather drink lava than buy chinese made goods :D