Finally man'd up'd and started the process tonight.

Got the rivets out, and the t-guard off.

Have to cut the pg nut hole, and attached the t-guard.

Have the tromix fcg group, and a tapco buttstock ordered, already have a pg

Gonna stop by lowes tomorrow to get some screws and a good 1/8" drill dit, then on to cutting the pg nut hole

hopefully by the end of the week, i'll be test firing :smoke:

cuz I'm too far in now to go back

any TIPS/advice

Just take your time, follow the instructions that are here on this board and ask if you need help. Good luck, it will work out. By the way, you might consider grinding the heads off those rivets on the inside of the receiver then knocking them out with a punch. A lot easier then drilling.

Just take your time, follow the instructions that are here on this board and ask if you need help. Good luck, it will work out. By the way, you might consider grinding the heads off those rivets on the inside of the receiver then knocking them out with a punch. A lot easier then drilling.

I really didn't have a problem with the rivets, I filed a small x in them, then center punched, then used the drill bit.

But I see where that would be an easier way, thanks

And done, Carolina Shooters Supply got my package to me in 3 business days, and I finished my conversion

Had I started with all the parts on hand, it probably wouldn't have taken over 2 hours from.

Thanks to those on this site that took the time out to make step by step instructions, very helpful

• 2 months later...

you might consider grinding the heads off those rivets on the inside of the receiver then knocking them out with a punch. A lot easier then drilling.

+1, i just finished my conversion today, i also found it easier to use a dremel sanding head to grind off the rolled part of the rivets that are supposed to be drilled, it saved me loads of time, only took about 30 seconds to get them out