I have a Chance to grab a WASR10 with Y for $475

A friend has a WASR 10 from Century with 2-30 round mags and a Y-stamp on it for $475 should I get it???

Overall its in great shape and I thought the Y stamp was NEATO...

The wood stock fit to the trunnion has a hair gap but the rifle has the Tapco trigger in place and is double-stack ready.

Opinions....

I was going to do it up like my x39 in the left hand pic....

Why are you asking this?

WASRs are made from (formerly) factory 2nds and QC rejects and currently are being made from cut-up military rifles.

The Saiga is made from all new parts.

The Saiga costs much less money.

It vexes me that so many people are hung up on meaningless cosmetics (the 'y' stamp / dimples / etc) instead of functionality.

A friend has a WASR 10 from Century with 2-30 round mags and a Y-stamp on it for $475 should I get it???

Overall its in great shape and I thought the Y stamp was NEATO...

The wood stock fit to the trunnion has a hair gap but the rifle has the Tapco trigger in place and is double-stack ready.

Opinions....

I was going to do it up like my x39 in the left hand pic....

Not a bad deal. Classic Arms is selling new for $449+ $20 shipping. They come with 2 magazines,bayonet,pouch, and more. Add for your local FFL fee.

http://catalog.classicarms.us/

They also have Saigas for $349

http://catalog.classicarms.us/

Edited by vulcan16
Nalioth "from cutup military rifles."

Then how did it get a Y stamp(ing) if it was a cut-up??? Just asking???

It just seemed like an oddity for a Century import to have this feature on it..

Azrial.. no value just as a collectible..

No doubt the receivers are new. They will stamp them with a Y, or anything else that they think will make them sell if there is demand for it. Nalioth is refering to the parts inside the frame and the barrels. They have been found to be substandard Mil-spec rejects and used parts in the past. These guns give "Romys" a bad name.

Edited by Azrial
How is century going to stamp a y, after they get them?? That would be odd. IMHO

I am not saying that Century did, I am saying that the new receivers they used were so marked when the rifles were re-manufactured.

That mark would sometimes be on semiauto firearms because the manufacturer put the wrong receiver blank on the wrong line, or something went back for rework or QC and was put back on the wrong line.

I am also suggesting that customer demand for this mark my promote its inclusion on guns where it has no purpose.