Need confirmation or info on Saiga pistol grip conversion

Hey yall , I need s confirmation on something rather obvious I suppose . I got an Izshmash soviet standard Saiga 12 .... there's no pistol grip ; just the regular hunting rifle style rear stock handle .... I wanted to convert it to a pistol grip , but due to the configuration of the one piece stock I guess there's no way possible to convert it to a pistol grip .... am I right ? I've never shot it because I wanted to take it back to the local gun shop where I live at the edge of the city limits by all country side , and trade it in for one when they got one in with pistol grips .... they went bankrupt , so I'm stuck with it , but that's o.k. cause it'll git er done just the same .... just wanted expert advice on what I likely already know .... also I read onanother survival board where someone shot 2/34" oo buck in a12 round magazine fine , but when they put in 3" mag shells it broke the magazine .... I got a 12 round SureFire gun mag LLC magazine .... I'm not sure if that was the one that the poster I mentioned had that broke or not .... I don't think so tho . I think it was the one that stood up to the 3 " mag shots . I don't wanna break it shootin 3's in it if it was the one that broke .... cost me $65 last fall .... any advice about these 2 queaes will be greatly appreciated ! BTW , I'd be more n glad to put my picture/avatar on here but pc tower is messed up. Thank ya much ! Andy.

Welcome,

You are in the right place to find out everything you need to know.

But, you need to spend some time reading before you ask questions........

Your S12 is stock from the factory. Using after market high cap mags is not

in compliance with a stupid law ....922r.....You need to do the pistol grip conversion yourself,

or find someone to do it for you....

It's all here, start reading.

Welcome,

You are in the right place to find out everything you need to know.

But, you need to spend some time reading before you ask questions........

Your S12 is stock from the factory. Using after market high cap mags is not

in compliance with a stupid law ....922r.....You need to do the pistol grip conversion yourself,

or find someone to do it for you....

It's all here, start reading.

Thanks for the advise , I have a limited amount of time to read what I need to know and still missed the TECH topic section where I thot mayby I should have posted this after I saw it , but 2 or 3 places says " this is the place " so O.K. No I sure did'nt know using 3" mags was against any law .... but lets say for convo sake I decided to load my 12 round magazine with high caps regardless of this law in a possible self-defense , home invasion scenario by several perps .... which is not likely ( at least not right now ) to happen as I live on the edge of a small quiet southern town , will the extra recoil and weight of the 3" ammo break the SureFire magazine at the top as I read before happened to a poster on another forum .... also I take it then , that my standard factory Saiga can be converted to a pistol grip .... not to dispute , but I don't see how ( not being a gunsmith ) because there is no room for a grip to be placed between the handle and the trigger guard on factory stock configuration .... all the variants I've seen have butt stocks with a groove on the sides and appear to be folding stocks .... the whole trigger guard is right next to the magazine with room for a pistol grip behind .... I've done a lot of reading trying to find info on this when I could , but never read how it could be done or how costly . I guess I'll try to find the gunsmith that has worked on a couple of guns for me at the shop that went bankrupt and see if he can do it depending on the cost . Thanks for the info tho .... not meaning to sound like " what part of this do yu not understand " , but anymore advice is truely welcomed . Thank ya much ! Andy .