Ruger P89's and P95 dimensions (width)

I have a P95 and like it a lot. I'm considering getting a P89 since it's a little different but shares the same mags.

The P95 does seem a little 'fat.' Is the P89 the same width? I know they are nearly the same actions, but maybe since the P89 is all metal, maybe it's slimmer (P95 is half plastic)?

I know the P89 is a longer heavier pistol, I just talking width.

Has anyone here held both, or at least the P89/85?

i don't know anything about the 95 but the p89 i have is perfect for large hands,it is also very reliable and built like a tank.mine has never misfired ,jammed ,or failed me in any way,and they are inexpensive.iv had mine since 1994 and have put thousands of rounds through it.

I have both well technicaly ive got the 9mm version of both and the .45 version of both any way the p89 the older one or p90 of you have .45 are longer the barrel that is but as for the rest of the frame is the same if you look at the rear of either the 9mm and the .45 the only differnce is on the side where it says .45 or 9mm they are exactly the same outer dimentions one is plastic and the outher all alum where you can get a nifty houge grip that goes on the p89 but I dont think its fat cause I have gorila hands I guess but here is a pic of them both side by side the p89 and the p95 the houge grip might make it a little bit more thicker but its not a big diference to me.

post-17989-1251842818_thumb.jpg

post-17989-1251842834_thumb.jpg

Hey thanks for the replies and the pics.

I guess 'fat' was the wrong word to use. I do love my P95 and have a Hogue slip on grip on it.

I went with the P95 because it was tough, reliable, but affordable (sounds like a Saiga). Midway had a great sale on Ruger mags 2-3mos ago, and I hear good things about the Mec-Gear ones too.

Time to start watching for used P89's for sale.