Flash Suppressor Design

I think we all agree that Johnny's flash suppressors are strait up billy-bada$$. I absolutely love them and am fully committed to getting one from him ASAP. However, I wanted to throw an idea out to y'all and get some input. I can't quite tell from the pictures how many vents there are on the suppressor, but it looks like 8, and that seems to me that some of the flash would be dispersed directly upward into the line of sight/aim. It seems to me (granted, I don't know even a 1/100th as much as I'd like) that flash suppressors might should attempt to direct the flash everywhere but up.

I know some of y'all have shot with Johny's suppressor at night and said you've noticed a significant change. However, does the flash still get into your aim-line? Would something like a 4 or 5 vented suppressor work better do you think? To give some idea, I've included what a possible design may look like. Please keep in mind, I'm not an artist, so forgive the simplicity. However, do notice that in each design there is a larger protected area into which the flash would not be as dispersed into the aim-line with fewer vents. The downside of this is that each of the flashes will be brighter depending on how many directions it is dispersed.

So what's best? Larger area of protection where the flash won't come up into the aim-line? Or more vents to disperse the flash the most? Please let me know so I can finish planning with Johnny. Btw, he's a really helpful and nice guy, so if you need a flash-suppressor, I'm throwing in my vote to go with him.

post-1804-1110594044_thumb.jpg

post-1804-1110594055.jpg

post-1804-1110594061.jpg

Just so everyone knows, I am not prejudice against a 3, 6, or 7-vent design. I just didn't want to draw each one since my sketches are laughable at best. Therefore, don't limit your considerations to only 4, 5, and 8-vent designs. Thanks!

The top pic is identical almost to how they come with the exception that there are no slots in the bottom. Leave out the two slots in the bottom and you have six left and thats the arrangement currently. Im cutting slots all the way around (8 altogether) for another guy but making them wider will require new cutters. I cannot deviate from 15 degree increments so bare that in mind.

I think we all agree that Johnny's flash suppressors are strait up billy-bada$$.  I absolutely love them and am fully committed to getting one from him ASAP.  However, I wanted to throw an idea out to y'all and get some input.  I can't quite tell from the pictures how many vents there are on the suppressor, but it looks like 8, and that seems to me that some of the flash would be dispersed directly upward into the line of sight/aim.  It seems to me (granted, I don't know even a 1/100th as much as I'd like) that flash suppressors might should attempt to direct the flash everywhere but up.

post-1804-1110594044_thumb.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the reason for the design being like it is is so it will function as a flash supressor as well as a muzzle brake. When you have no slots in the bottom the gas pressure escapes out the top and sides but push down on the closed bottom therefor helping to keep the muzzle down. If your firing at night you are going to see a flash no matter where the slots are in the hider. The reason for the flash supressor is not to keep you from seeing flash but to disperse the flash in different directions so the enemy cannot pinpoint your position.