Yesterday I was at a local gunstore with a buddy who's looking to get into AKs. He was looking at some Yugo UF's, VZ58's, and a Bulgarian AK74. He ended up putting money down on the Bulgarian NDS-2 5.45. Its a Century made by Nodak Spud. Looks exactly like this one.

nds2.jpg

It has a Tapco stock, trigger (group, I assume) and handguards. He wants to change it to a side folder with something like a Tantal or a VZ stock. I told him to come here and sign in and ask but he doesnt care for forums. So I'm asking for him. Can he change the stock to a NON-US made one and still be 922 compliant?

Its a Century made by Nodak Spud.

Doubtful. Century buys receivers from Nodak Spud for their trained monkeys to assemble rifles on.

Nodak Spud does not manufacture complete weapons at all.

It has a Tapco stock, trigger (group, I assume) and handguards. He wants to change it to a side folder with something like a Tantal or a VZ stock. I told him to come here and sign in and ask but he doesnt care for forums. So I'm asking for him. Can he change the stock to a NON-US made one and still be 922 compliant?

If he takes a US part off, he'll need to put a US part back on. This doesn't necessarily have to be the same part.

He'll at least have to visit the internet to see how the 922r laws work.

Its a Century made by Nodak Spud.

Doubtful. Century buys receivers from Nodak Spud for their trained monkeys to assemble rifles on.

Nodak Spud does not manufacture complete weapons at all.

Thats what I ment. I didnt phrase it correctly!

Edited by Arik
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I was at a local gunstore with a buddy who's looking to get into AKs. He was looking at some Yugo UF's, VZ58's, and a Bulgarian AK74. He ended up putting money down on the Bulgarian NDS-2 5.45. Its a Century made by Nodak Spud. Looks exactly like this one.

nds2.jpg

Looks like those have a US made FCG=3 Handguard=1 Pistol Grip=1 Butt Stock=1 and Receiver=1 For a grand total of 7 US parts. So he can replace the stock, but he *SHOULD* replace that cheap plastic, non-heat-shielded handguard.

Is that one of the ones JG Sales is selling?

nds2.jpg

Looks like those have a US made FCG=3 Handguard=1 Pistol Grip=1 Butt Stock=1 and Receiver=1 For a grand total of 7 US parts. So he can replace the stock, but he *SHOULD* replace that cheap plastic, non-heat-shielded handguard.

Is that one of the ones JG Sales is selling?

Most likely. He got it from a local gun store that seem to only sell Century rifles. Every time I'm in there all their millsurp is Century.