Anyone know where I can get the MSA AR mag adapter?

You rock! This is the only thing really holding back the Saiga .308 as a viable MBR platform.

I received the mag today. Will start on the rough adapter tomorrow and post when finished.

Ok, update time! The adapter with the AR-10 mag is unacceptable. It is workable, but not for me. Too much gun has to be removed. Back to the FAL's.

Ok, update time! The adapter with the AR-10 mag is unacceptable. It is workable, but not for me. Too much gun has to be removed. Back to the FAL's.

That's too bad... some of the pictures I seen of the the mag-pul mags make them look like they come in at the front like the Saiga mags do, but who the hell knows when they will finally release those...

That's too bad... some of the pictures I seen of the the mag-pul mags make them look like they come in at the front like the Saiga mags do, but who the hell knows when they will finally release those...

Julian, the problem is that they are too wide. The only way to fit it in the magwell is to grind away the sides of the receiver and in the process the rivet that holds the front trunnion. So to insure the strength and safety of the gun, you would need to re-enforce the sides and front trunnion. You'd basically be making a new receiver, so the mods would have to be done by a smith and would have to be permanent for strength. The FAL metric mags just miss the rivet, so you're not taking away a lot of strength. If the AR-10 mags were just 1/16 of an inch narrower, it wouldn't be an issue.

Ah, I see... still, the p-mags look like they "pinch" in enough in the front to clear the rivets, but you might still have to open up the rest of the magwell. And again, who the hell knows when they will actually hit the market. They are months overdue at this point. I don't know if the mags are the problem, or if they are still tweaking the rifle that's supposed to go with them.

pmag20lr_2.jpg

DSC_4602.jpg